Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEF CON Badges, DC21: did shooters manage to get DC21 badges last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON Badges, DC21: did shooters manage to get DC21 badges last year?

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    I neglected to mention in my original reply... The DEFCON Shoot will return again, for sure. Had a fellow write to ask me about when the forum will open up for planning, etc.
    I missed Defcon last year due to a failing kidney :(

Were all the shoot folks able to get real badges last year? That's been the biggest thing keeping me from going to the shoot in past years. I'd love to attend this year and have an excuse to buy a couple pelican cases and associated bits.

Re: Contests, Events, Parties, Social Gatherings: Are you planning to bring it to DC2

Originally posted by autobahn View Post
    Were all the shoot folks able to get real badges last year?
    we'll have to ask around and see... i was able to get mine through the work with TOOOL and Lockpick Village and vendor operations, etc. Also, an Artist badge from being in the Goon Band helped.

Sadly, i do not know how the folk at the Shoot tend to fare with badges at reg.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Re: Contests, Events, Parties, Social Gatherings: Are you planning to bring it to DC2

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      we'll have to ask around and see... i was able to get mine through the work with TOOOL and Lockpick Village and vendor operations, etc. Also, an Artist badge from being in the Goon Band helped.

Sadly, i do not know how the folk at the Shoot tend to fare with badges at reg.
      if you are inhuman (speaker, vendor, artist, contest, goon, press) you will have less of a problem, its a different area -- last year I showed up a 7:45a was 2nd in line, and it opened at right at 8am, got my badge and was driving out to the shoot by 8:30a. However they did run out of contest badges last year by the time we got back from the shoot, but registration would then gave out press (which is kinda weird) or artists badges as alternatives.

I did end up with a paper badge for DC18. If you are getting a human badge, your best bet is to give a trusted friend, who will be in line, your cash (or your black, so better be very trusted) to get you yours, which is what I did for DC19 and DC20.

Comment

Re: DEF CON Badges, DC21: did shooters manage to get DC21 badges last year?

Originally posted by autobahn View Post
        Were all the shoot folks able to get real badges last year?
        Yes, DC21 was no problem, and I got four real badges after attending both shoot sessions. DC20 I had paper, DC19 I got real, but initially got paper and had to exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
          Yes, DC21 was no problem, and I got four real badges after attending both shoot sessions. DC20 I had paper, DC19 I got real, but initially got paper and had to exchange.
          They ran out of DC20 at the con? You can still buy left overs today for $40 at http://hackerstickers.com/product/ha...20-humanbadge/

Comment

They were still selling badges on the last day last year (at a discounted rate), but that doesnt necessarily mean the same thing will happen this year. Especially since they will be electronic.

Comment

Question for those that do the shoot and ToxicBBQ - do you try to grab badges between events, or just wait until the BBQ is over?

Comment

Working...
              X