• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON 101 - Call for Papers - DC22

Call for Papers for 101 at DC22 is now open

http://www.defcon101.org/

What we're looking for:

Generally we're looking for n00b/intro level (use your own judgement on those terms) talks of a (preferably) more technical nature. Ambigous enough? Awesome.

These were the talks selected last year : https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=13377.
    The should serve to give you an idea of (generally) what we're looking towards.

If you have questions, email the address on the page. Posting here will get you a response, but it may take 30 days.

Please take note that all times listed on that page are EST (aka Real Time).
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Re: DEFCON 101 - Call for Papers - DC22

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    Call for Papers for 101 at DC22 is now open

http://www.defcon101.org/

What we're looking for:

Generally we're looking for n00b/intro level (use your own judgement on those terms) talks of a (preferably) more technical nature. Ambigous enough? Awesome.

Eh. I was thinking about trying my hand at talks but I can't do a technical talk. The "white paper" thing seems really complicated. I'm just a girl.
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by eris View Post
      Eh. I was thinking about trying my hand at talks but I can't do a technical talk. The "white paper" thing seems really complicated. I'm just a girl.
      Firstly Eris, I would never categorize you as a girl, you're a women.

And even though I don't enjoy the company of women in my bed, you are one of those women that I do like (just not in that way)..Now that I think about... Unlike most gay men, I don't really get along with most women, but the ladies of DefCon (generally) are people I enjoy.

All that being said, you have my email address, if you have an idea/concept, talk to me about it. Even many of those with "technical talks" have been discussing with me their ideas and concepts for the last month so they could do a good pitch. The same goes for anyone else reading this too, my email address is really easy to find (hint: it's link off of the page on my twitterz).

Eris, I look forward to hearing from you about your idea/concept. And if you were being sarcastic with this post, you know where you can shove your sarcasm
      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
        Firstly Eris, I would never categorize you as a girl, you're a women.

And even though I don't enjoy the company of women in my bed, you are one of those women that I do like (just not in that way)..Now that I think about... Unlike most gay men, I don't really get along with most women, but the ladies of DefCon (generally) are people I enjoy.

All that being said, you have my email address, if you have an idea/concept, talk to me about it. Even many of those with "technical talks" have been discussing with me their ideas and concepts for the last month so they could do a good pitch. The same goes for anyone else reading this too, my email address is really easy to find (hint: it's link off of the page on my twitterz).

:
        So, like, if I didn't have boobs, or a vajayjay, we could maybe get it on? I'm flattered! And the more I thought about it, the more I really wasn't sure how to turn my idea into a coherent talk! But, I will take a closer, less sarcastic, look at the your guidelines. If not this year, maybe I can figure out a white paper for next year. My concept is really just built on the fact that when I tell the story to people they are fascinated. But how to make that more...instructional...is the part that confuses my inner Barbie princess.

Eris, I look forward to hearing from you about your idea/concept. And if you were being sarcastic with this post, you know where you can shove your sarcasm
        Dude. I eliminate from there and the things you do in there we won't even begin to talk about. Sarcasm just won't fit.
        "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
        X