HHV #7 returns to DC22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHV #7 returns to DC22

In the very initial stages of planning but never fear it will all come together in time for DC22. If you were a past HHV volunteer then please post your intentions in this thread for DC22 so we can size up our crew for this year.

Re: HHV #7 returns to DC22

How did you feel about the amount of stations you guys his last year? Need any more?
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone else backed this kickstarter project but I'll be bringing an Othermill with me to DC22 (http://othermachine.co/products/).

There usually is a lot of room around the HHV and I was planning to stopping by to mill out some PCB boards. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
        How did you feel about the amount of stations you guys his last year? Need any more?
        I think another 10 stations would be perfect. That would bring the total to 30 stations and I never want to get to the point were we have open stations as waiting for a station is part of the HHV as it drives interaction between people stopping by and love it or hate it, that is something that I think was the original intent when Russ and Lost set this up. Open up a dialog between people on hardware and when you have to wait around for a open soldering iron is when I have had some of my best conversations in the HHV.
        Last edited by bombnav; January 16, 2014, 18:58. Reason: additional info

Comment

I'll definitely be there. Still working on firming up details.

Might bring 3d printer if I can manage.

Comment

Originally posted by c0re1287 View Post
            I'll definitely be there. Still working on firming up details.

Might bring 3d printer if I can manage.

Look forward to seeing you again!

Comment

Hi, I'm a longtime Black Hat / DefCon attendee (since DC9) and I want to participate more. The last couple years I've had an idea for the HHV for a circuit bending workshop / lab but didn't give myself enough time to plan and execute it. Well I just booked my room at the Rio for DC22 the other day and thought I would get on it and see if there was any interest.

I'm willing to bring some toys and tools and hang out and show people the techniques and get them rolling (either on stuff I bring of if it gets announced attendees can bring their own stuff to bend). Maybe even a group trip to a local thrift store to dig for old toys that can be bent.

Here are some, er, credentials (videos of a couple of things I've bent):

Bent Yamaha PSR-12 Keyboard
              Bent Fischer Price Animal Keyboard
              Bent Alphabet Pal

I also build vacuum tube guitar amplifiers but that might not have as wide an appeal at DC. Hope to hear back. thx. - JiM

Comment

Originally posted by jstrassburg View Post
                Hi, I'm a longtime Black Hat / DefCon attendee (since DC9) and I want to participate more. The last couple years I've had an idea for the HHV for a circuit bending workshop / lab but didn't give myself enough time to plan and execute it. Well I just booked my room at the Rio for DC22 the other day and thought I would get on it and see if there was any interest.

I'm willing to bring some toys and tools and hang out and show people the techniques and get them rolling (either on stuff I bring of if it gets announced attendees can bring their own stuff to bend). Maybe even a group trip to a local thrift store to dig for old toys that can be bent.

Here are some, er, credentials (videos of a couple of things I've bent):

Bent Yamaha PSR-12 Keyboard
                Bent Fischer Price Animal Keyboard
                Bent Alphabet Pal

I also build vacuum tube guitar amplifiers but that might not have as wide an appeal at DC. Hope to hear back. thx. - JiM
                YES! I think we can get you some a place in the HHV. Keep working on what you want to do and we will talk but circuit bending is a perfect fit for the HHV.

Comment

Originally posted by bombnav View Post
                  YES! I think we can get you some a place in the HHV. Keep working on what you want to do and we will talk but circuit bending is a perfect fit for the HHV.
                  Excellent. I'll plan on it then and start pulling parts and plans together.

Comment

Originally posted by bombnav View Post
                    If you were a past HHV volunteer then please post your intentions in this thread for DC22 so we can size up our crew for this year.
                    Back with more in mind. Still working on details and implementation, but a number of things going on. Hopefully some of it comes together in time.
                    -------------------------------------
                    Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
                    käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Comment

I brought the oscilloscope last year and spent most of my time helping out in the village.
                      I'd like to volunteer this year.

Comment

TieShort and zohan wont be a issue I will be posting more once there is a meeting with contest and events so I know more details. Anyone else wanting to volunteer either send me a PM or post here please.

Comment

Sorry if I am late to the party. But I will certainly be in the HHV and ready to help out again this year. You should still have my contact details, if not just send me a PM. I should be getting in to vegas on Thursday morning, I actually have to fly this year :(, so let me know if you need some help setting up. I can wander in as soon as I pick up a badge.

Comment

Working...
                          X