DC22 Shoot Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC22 Shoot Shirts

Any design ideas yet? Last year we discussed something specific around DC22, with .22 cal being an obvious reference, but we've had a really cyber-news worthy year so I'm hopeful we have a bunch of ideas.

I'm up for pre-ordering/pre-buying the shirts again, and distributing them at Thursday's shoot.

Re: DC22 Shoot Shirts

anything worthwhile in exploring the theme of .22LR an .223 ? something akin to starting kids early and they grow up right? ;-)

i know that i'm considering creating a really elaborate .22LR theme that year. possibly (if i can get enough) i'll have a bucket of free ammo and we'll do an area that focuses especially on plinker rifles and pistols. think cans, goofy targets, and other such faire. anyone who has a .22LR that is open for people to use can get fistfuls of that ammo.

still time to prepare and think about it all. but i'd like this year to be ideal for novices.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

I've been meaning to make it to DC Shoot for 13 years now. Never been. I will bring my Ruger 10/22 for people to plink, as well as my Savage 30-06 for the more experienced among us. A 22LR theme would be awesome.

I have an idea, that would encompass the overall DC Shoot atmosphere. Maybe a massive compass, with the major NSEW points being a larger caliber (30-06? .50?) the quarter points (NW, NE, SW, SE) being a mid caliber (.223?) and all the intermediate points being .22LR. Then someone can fill the compass with some awesome artwork.

Can't wait,
      -dclaw

Comment

Originally posted by dclaw View Post
        I have an idea, that would encompass the overall DC Shoot atmosphere. Maybe a massive compass, with the major NSEW points being a larger caliber (30-06? .50?) the quarter points (NW, NE, SW, SE) being a mid caliber (.223?) and all the intermediate points being .22LR. Then someone can fill the compass with some awesome artwork.
        -dclaw
        I can picture that, and really like it. BTW, I read NSEW as NSFW, but that's indicative of what I usually see.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
          <snip> ...BTW, I read NSEW as NSFW...<snip>.
          No reason it can't be both. I've got a couple of ideas so far that underscore the point that I'm just a horrible person. Will draft up some stuff and post if it pans out.
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            anything worthwhile in exploring the theme of .22LR an .223 ? something akin to starting kids early and they grow up right? ;-)
            My first thought was something similar to those "my family" stickers you see on the back of a minivan with a pair .223 and then a string of .22 as the kids.

As I've been mulling it over, I thought about "you have to start somewhere". like DC22 being someone's first defcon (or defcon shoot), and a .22 being a first firearm. I can't picture a design, but I understand the learning and growing aspect.

Comment

Maybe we should think of overall ideas and then see if we can incorporate the .22LR if at all. If the number has nothing special we can think of, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot over the small details.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                Maybe we should think of overall ideas and then see if we can incorporate the .22LR if at all. If the number has nothing special we can think of, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot over the small details.
                Just so we're not so focused on 22lr without considering other ideas, google search for 22...

catch-22
                taylor swift 22
                Title 22 - FOREIGN RELATIONS AND INTERCOURSE
                Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey
                F-22 Raptor
                22nm process step

I think there could be a good combination between catch 22 and 22lr

Person buys a 22lr gun because it is cheap to shoot after shooting last year, 22lr price quadruples by the time they decide to buy ammo

(only something more clever)

Comment

I'm no artist but I'll toss out an idea for you to conceptualize.

* Show a bullet but instead of the rear ring saying WINCHESTER 22LR have it say LAS VEGAS DC22.

* The side of the casing is usually blank so you can get creative here. Maybe the dates and hotel.

* Now the bullet - the business end. Typically a copper dome. Maybe that can be a lot of code in the same dome shape. Write something for the NSA to think about. Maybe use PGP to encrypt the 2nd amendment and enter that text as the bullet in the proper shape.

Too boring?

Comment

I was reading that and realized that 22LR is rimfire and does not have a primer and rear case ring. So maybe the text can be plain and simple rather than trying to loop it around a primer.
                    Last edited by astcell; February 26, 2014, 13:45.

Comment

lotta good ideas so far....

here is a possible modified slogan you could use.

"it takes 21 days to break a bad habit....

....but only 22 to master one." eh...sounded good at first, maybe someone can add a better twist to it.

i like the compass idea melded with the 22LR and other "22" themes.

the 22lr round, the F-22 raptor, the red man from the orig Catch 22 book, etc....can all be compass points. The DEFCON 22 Las Vegas logo, will also a compass point, which would be the one that the compass is pointing to.

on the 22LR casing theme, you could also modify the standard dimensional diagram for the round used by reloaders, art work and verbiage can replace actual dimension text.

just a couple thoughts i wanted to share, though on 2nd thought not sure that fully represents the "Shoot" part as much as the DEFCON event as a whole.
                      Last edited by Hacker-Pschorr; February 27, 2014, 07:14. Reason: post post thought

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                        <snip>
                        * The side of the casing is usually blank so you can get creative here. Maybe the dates and hotel.
                        <snip>
                        Maybe it can be done with microstamping*....

In all seriousness though, I'm digging the concept, simple, elegant, gets the point across. A *very* quick and dirty starting point, anyone who feels like using it as a springboard, by all means:

*link = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_1471
                        "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Looks like feinstein really wants to make this year's shirt. She's the definition of a hypocrite after today.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/politics/senate-cia/

combined with...
                          http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...s-surveillance
                          http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...#axzz2vg6LW3NP

Plus the whole having a CCW and armed guards while promoting gun control.

Comment

DC22 SHOOT

(photos of various thugs and politicians)

STAY PREPARED

Comment

The .22LR theme seems like a good idea. They were notoriously used by the mob for executions, there might be a connection there.

ohtechwiz
                              "I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one"

Comment

Working...
                              X