Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC22 Shoot Registration is opening

Hey, all.

As z0rlac and a few others have pointed out to me, it's high time I get the DC Shoot registration system up and running for 2014. I've done that just now. Feel free to have a look at the Shoot site... http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot ...and tell me if things appear to be working for you.

You'll notice a couple changes this year, relating to price. Individual admission has increased by $5 (military folk still are half-price, so only an increase of $2 for them) and lane rentals are up to $35. Why the change?

Well, if you recall from last year's discussions on site and also on the forums and via email afterward... the general view was that larger, wider lanes would be better. This year my plan is to have folk renting lanes actually get an entire 10' x 10' canopy (and the customary front table, side table, chairs, etc) to themselves. So, technically, this is actually a better deal since you're getting what would have been a $40 value in the past for only $35 this year. I'm buffering things a bit by easing up the per-shooter fee because I don't know totally how the costs will shake out this year and also because i'm trying to amortize some new purchases, most specifically a nice wilderness toilet and accompanying privacy pop-up tent for it.

So, there you go... reg is open and we can start our planning. If lots of folk sign up very soon, especially for lanes, i'll quite possibly expand the rental and increase the quantity there. Let's start with 10 lanes and see how it goes.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: DC22 Shoot Registration is opening

On the signup page, there are options to pay for lanes during the the 4 separate sessions, but only one option for registration. Would we need to register once to cover it all, or once per sessions (i.e 4 times if someone is attending all 4 sessions). Can the signup page be adjusted to allow for specific session signups, if only so you know when people will be arriving, numbers, etc? :)

Comment

And the reply from Dev via twitter was: "one registration is sufficient for however much time a person spends at the shoot"

Comment

Deviant, you sold out every lane the last three years right? I'd suggest bumping it up to 12-15 lanes. When is the deadline for the rental equipment?

I'm grabbing a lane for both thrs sessions, but I can split it with someone since I don't need a full tent.

I didn't see an option for the winners of the shoot course last year to discount their registration, but considering I was the only participant in the rifle division and Deviant uses the extra cash for his charity I'm not that concerned about it.

Also no bitcoin option? You'd end up with less transaction fees than using paypal without the risk of account freezes, but you probably know that.

Comment

I will totally create a Bitcoin option if i have time to in the next few weeks... but can't make any promises there.

As far as splitting things with others, that's cool... as long as folk arrange it for themselves so it's transparent to me.

I've put out feelers to local folk about checking the space in the desert, but i'll also talk about that here. If anyone wants to make a drive out there just to -- you know -- ensure that the whole site has not changed or gone away, that would be appreciated.

Regarding how many lanes: since I have to pay for all the rentals up front as soon as I book, I'm going to keep it on a sliding scale. I can always add to it later, but let's see how we're looking in a month or so. Put it this way, if we sell out by June, i'll absolutely add 5 more lanes. If we somehow sell out by May, i'll go ahead an add 10 possibly.

We can continue to add to the order almost 3 or 4 weeks from the event. So possibly i'll be adding lanes as late as July 1st.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

If the lanes are now the size of 2 lanes before, can a lane have 2 simultaneous shooters?

Comment

Originally posted by RoboHak View Post
              If the lanes are now the size of 2 lanes before, can a lane have 2 simultaneous shooters?
              if things are happening safely, i think we'd be fine with it. and that is likely to be ok.
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
              X