Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who would like to share a lane that's been purchased by some Dutch visitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who would like to share a lane that's been purchased by some Dutch visitors?

Hey all,

We have had some Dutch registrants to the DEFCON Shoot and the have reserved a lane for both Thursday sessions. However, not having guns of their own (they are from Holland, so, yeah) the offer is on the table for this space of theirs to be open to anyone who wants to share some trigger time with out-of-towners.

Who among you would like to set up in the Dutch Consulate lane, as it were, and let these few un-free folks try your guns? They know that there is likely a cost for ammo, etc.

Just trying to get a feel for size and level of interest.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: who would like to share a lane that's been purchased by some Dutch visitors?

I always let people shoot my stuff, I'll at least have the M16 and a suppressed pistol again this year.

But I already bought a lane for both sessions thrs. Maybe you can put them next to me?

Comment

Re: who would like to share a lane that's been purchased by some Dutch visitors?

Originally posted by seeess View Post
      But I already bought a lane for both sessions thrs. Maybe you can put them next to me?
      i've marked that in my notes so hopefully all will work out come range day.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'm with seeess (I believe) and the Dutch are more than welcome to my toys too.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
          I'm with seeess (I believe) and the Dutch are more than welcome to my toys too.
          Ditto - I do not have a lane yet for Thurs and need one, and I am planning to bring (at least) a VEPR 12, AR w/ slide fire & drum, and suppressed HK 45. We'll see what else I can get out there in a bag that United will let me check.

Comment

Originally posted by mskva View Post
            We'll see what else I can get out there in a bag that United will let me check.
            Whenever I get an airline employee that gives me a lot of crap I pull out a printed policy from their company and ask them if they're refusing to follow their own policy. I've also had success with having TSA sign off on if the bag can fly. That gives them someone to blame for their "cover my ass" policy.

Last time it was because I had empty brass in the bag, and they were arguing that it must be in manufacturer's retail packaging (which "ammo" does). I then had to find the federal definition of "ammunition" (since their policy didn't define it) and show them empty brass wasn't ammo. They eventually let it through after TSA agreed it was safe.

Comment

I have a lane for both sessions Thursday, but they can borrow some of my stuff. If they have a preference for type of hardware I can bring out some stuff that they might like, too. If you put their lane next to mine, perhaps between mine and seees, then it would be easy to lend, assuming they don't need assistance with safe firearm handling. Not sure that I want to volunteer all of my ammunition, however.

Comment

Dunno if it will be a setup nightmare but what if we line up on the lanes according to firepower? The guy on the far left has the Ruger 10/22 and the guy on the far right has the Howitzer? Makes shopping easier.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                  Dunno if it will be a setup nightmare but what if we line up on the lanes according to firepower? The guy on the far left has the Ruger 10/22 and the guy on the far right has the Howitzer? Makes shopping easier.
                  I'll be in the middle, with caliber envy. and suppressor envy. and select-fire envy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                    We have had some Dutch registrants to the DEFCON Shoot and the have reserved a lane for both Thursday sessions.
                    Anyone I might know?

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                      We have had some Dutch registrants to the DEFCON Shoot and the have reserved a lane for both Thursday sessions. However, not having guns of their own (they are from Holland, so, yeah) the offer is on the table for this space of theirs to be open to anyone who wants to share some trigger time with out-of-towners.

Who among you would like to set up in the Dutch Consulate lane, as it were, and let these few un-free folks try your guns? They know that there is likely a cost for ammo, etc.
                      I hope they enjoyed their time. I noticed that the lane was basically empty for the first half of Thursday, so I tried to stock it with a couple of mine (plus ammo) during the second session. If we do something like this again in the coming years, I think we need to do a little more than just putting them between astcell and I. Thinking out loud: possibly an RSO/Instructor for that lane?

Comment

Working...
                      X