Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call for Volunteers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Call for Volunteers

    As always the HHV relies on volunteers to help staff the village. So if you are interested in volunteering post a response. Defcon is Less than 2 months away so its time to make plans once again for the HHV.

  • #2
    Re: Call for Volunteers

    I always notice the correct thread to say something in after I already said something. I'm in, you should still have my contact info, otherwise PM me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Call for Volunteers

      Originally posted by l33tbunni View Post
      I always notice the correct thread to say something in after I already said something. I'm in, you should still have my contact info, otherwise PM me.
      I will search my messages. Afterburn is handing the cord. of volunteers for me and we already talked about you and of course your in!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Call for Volunteers

        Bombnav, you and Krux have been emailing privately. I'm representing SynShop the Las Vegas Hackerspace What do I/we need to do?

        Thanks!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Call for Volunteers

          Originally posted by ColoQ View Post
          Bombnav, you and Krux have been emailing privately. I'm representing SynShop the Las Vegas Hackerspace What do I/we need to do?

          Thanks!
          Are you interested in setting up a table(s) for your hackerspace in the HHV? I would like to see that and think that is a perfect fit for the HHV.

          If you want to run some schedule classes we can advertise that as well as any talks you want to give.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Call for Volunteers

            Originally posted by bombnav View Post
            Are you interested in setting up a table(s) for your hackerspace in the HHV? I would like to see that and think that is a perfect fit for the HHV.

            If you want to run some schedule classes we can advertise that as well as any talks you want to give.
            Yes we would love to set up a table for our Hackerspace. At the very least we would be willing to walk around and help any folks who need help soldering. Classes sound do-able: however, I'll coordinate with the folks on my before a legit commit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Call for Volunteers

              Originally posted by ColoQ View Post
              Yes we would love to set up a table for our Hackerspace. At the very least we would be willing to walk around and help any folks who need help soldering. Classes sound do-able: however, I'll coordinate with the folks on my before a legit commit.
              Sounds great I am trying to establish more of a make/hacker community in the HHV this year and hopefully years to come where its a open source of knowledge. let us know what the decision is.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Call for Volunteers

                Originally posted by bombnav View Post
                Sounds great I am trying to establish more of a make/hacker community in the HHV this year and hopefully years to come where its a open source of knowledge. let us know what the decision is.
                All right, Synshop is down for having a presence at DC22. I have 10(ish) volunteers that are willing to help out. Right now here is where I'm at...

                We are committed to the following:
                - Assisting with soldering.
                - Selling DC Darknet kits (assuming that is allowed).
                - Showing off some of our members' projects.

                Leaning strongly towards:
                - Selling the DC Darknet Kits. (assuming this is allowed)
                - Doing a few classes
                - Intro to Soldering
                - Intro to Arduino. (This is being floated on my end. will need to solidify it).

                Want more input:
                - I'm assuming volunteering does not automatically get a badge for Defcon. I want to confirm this so my folks can plan accordingly.
                - Can we request donations at our booth?
                - How much table space should we expect (I assume 1 or 2 6 foot long foldout tables)
                - Is the classes format going to be similar to the format from last year - a projector in the middle of the HHV room?
                - Do we need to bring anything to support the classes?
                - Any thoughts on what we can do to help you other than what I've laid out?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Call for Volunteers

                  Originally posted by ColoQ View Post
                  All right, Synshop is down for having a presence at DC22. I have 10(ish) volunteers that are willing to help out. Right now here is where I'm at...

                  We are committed to the following:
                  - Assisting with soldering.
                  - Selling DC Darknet kits (assuming that is allowed).
                  - Showing off some of our members' projects.

                  Leaning strongly towards:
                  - Selling the DC Darknet Kits. (assuming this is allowed)
                  - Doing a few classes
                  - Intro to Soldering
                  - Intro to Arduino. (This is being floated on my end. will need to solidify it).

                  Want more input:
                  - I'm assuming volunteering does not automatically get a badge for Defcon. I want to confirm this so my folks can plan accordingly.
                  - Can we request donations at our booth?
                  - How much table space should we expect (I assume 1 or 2 6 foot long foldout tables)
                  - Is the classes format going to be similar to the format from last year - a projector in the middle of the HHV room?
                  - Do we need to bring anything to support the classes?
                  - Any thoughts on what we can do to help you other than what I've laid out?

                  Great!! Since you are the first hackerspace to request a presence in a long time I am setting aside a special space for you in the HHV. I do know darknet got a vendor table approved so your good to go for selling in the HHV. I am planning on giving you at least 4 to 6 tables, darknet at least 2 and the vendor will have 1. As for the donations I am unsure how that works so send me a PM and we will get you the answer. Yes I am planning the same presentation area and plan on arranging the tables differently once I get the floor dim. DC has 20+ soldering stations so I can plant 5 to 10 stations with lights in your area to support darknet, badges and soldering help etc so anything else you might need you need to bring. Just being open to helping people work on badges or projects that they have is all I request, so please don't make it a closed darknet only area. Once I pick up the DC items from supply on Wed I will know more about final setup so be flexible.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Call for Volunteers

                    I'll be blasting out information to the volunteers shortly. If folks are still interested and haven't contacted me, do so shortly so I can add you to the list. Those who have - if I don't have your email address please pass that over as well.

                    It's going to be a fun year!
                    afterburn

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Call for Volunteers

                      I'm interested in volunteering. Let me know how I can help or if you're looking for something specific I could bring that might be useful.
                      @Six_Volts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Call for Volunteers

                        Again - if anyone is interested in volunteering, please send me your email address as we're formalizing plans now.

                        Thanks!
                        afterburn

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Call for Volunteers

                          I won't make defcon this year unfortunately. I had been giving those intro to soldering mini-talks which were very popular. If you can it would definitely be good to keep that going.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Call for Volunteers

                            Originally posted by Gigs View Post
                            I won't make defcon this year unfortunately. I had been giving those intro to soldering mini-talks which were very popular. If you can it would definitely be good to keep that going.
                            I have a few people that want to address it but your spot will always be reserved for future HHVs so next year we hope to see you back!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Call for Volunteers

                              Originally posted by bombnav View Post
                              I have a few people that want to address it but your spot will always be reserved for future HHVs so next year we hope to see you back!
                              I was just about to start working on getting something together for the soldering mini talks. Am I stepping on toes?

                              Originally posted by Gigs View Post
                              I won't make defcon this year unfortunately. I had been giving those intro to soldering mini-talks which were very popular. If you can it would definitely be good to keep that going.
                              Do you have any support material already generated you could point me to? I'm running into time crunches and it would help me out.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X