This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technology search...

does anyone have any idea where i can find a translucent laptop or a water resistant laptop?
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Water resistant would be the Panasonic Toughbook. It also has a less popular counterpart, but there isn't a significant price diference that I could find that would justify going with the "offbrand", and the name is failing me ATM. It's also sand resistant, crash resistant, tank resistant... Pretty darn Con-worthy. It's definitely on my holiday/b-day list, in case I have any wealthy secret admirers out there. ;-)
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

The ULTIMATE in technology!

What we need at the con for coffee wars:

http://www.pimprig.com/sections.php?...ticle&artid=72
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
        Water resistant would be the Panasonic Toughbook. ;-)
        i've seen it and it's a good price too, but i thaught it was only water resistant when it was closed....

i need drenchable.....or clear.....
        the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

No, the entire thing is sealed, not just the case. It's as water-resistant as you're going to get. It can fall into a body of water, open or closed... it's just not suggested to stay there for very long, or to fall very deep (hence water RESISTANT, rather than waterPROOF). So, if you were to say, surf wirelessly from the bathtub, slosh water all over it, even have it fall in for a moment... that is all fine and dandy. If you were walking by the pool and you slipped in with it, again, you're likely to be fine. If your vessel capsized in the deep sea, and you found yourself using it as a flotation device, however, you're not likely going to be getting anymore use out of it. (not to mention, it's not really going to float....)

It's still QUITE high on my "All I want for Misc. gift giving holidays" list. ;-)

Comment

What's with the "or clear", anway?

Or dare I not ask?

Am I the only one that automatically assumed that you simply wanted to surf from the bathtub like every other perfectly normal person?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
              What's with the "or clear", anway?

Or dare I not ask?

Am I the only one that automatically assumed that you simply wanted to surf from the bathtub like every other perfectly normal person?
              the quest for clear is just because i like translucent technology.

and the water resistant is because of my obsession with pr0n.
              j/k :D
              the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

I just wanna be able to float around in the alexis park pool with my laptop.....:D
                ~:CK:~
                I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

But if it is clear you'll never see it in the pool, like those see through fish.

Ooh let's get some of those fish for the pool!!!!

Comment

I am sure alexis park would love fish in the pool........:D you mean the deep deep sea fish that got lights on em and stuff?
                    ~:CK:~
                    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Those would rock but I think they'd bloat from no pressure to keep then in one piece.

How about if we all brought a fish, just one big fish each, and left it in the bathtub.

Preferably a live fish.

Comment

the main ingredient in the other nights "iron chef" was angler fish. the thing with the little dangling light and big teeth...
                        the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

i dont want want to start a new thread, so i'll use this one...

when should the dates for next dc start to manifest?
                          i didn't end up in ap and i will not let that happen again...
                          the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Working...
                          X