DefCon 22 Creative Writing/Short Story-WINNERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefCon 22 Creative Writing/Short Story-WINNERS

I know this announcement comes a few hours early but I am going to a craft beer festival in one hour and will probably be too drunk to try to make this post when the time goes. Thank you to all who submitted stories this year! It was a bit difficult receiving so many at once, at the last minute, while I was on holiday, but we made it! A lot of great work came into our inbox! It was a close battle this year, and difficult to choose. But after consultation with my fellow judges, we have come to a decision!

Congratulations to the following authors!!

First Place(2 Human Badges):
    Title-Hide It Well
    Author(s)-Todd Carr (@frozenfoxx) and Leah Figueroa (@sweet_grrl)

Second Place(1 Human Badge):
    Title-We Are Not Just Bodies
    Author-Jacie Jones

People's Choice Award(1 Human Badge):
    Title-A Dispatch From Defcon
    Author-Rob Pait

You will receive your badges at DefCon. I will pick them up from DefCon staff and distribute them. Please bring ID so I can verify who you are to receive your badges. Please follow @dcshortstory to receive meet up instructions. I will also post here on the forums when the time comes. Please private message me any questions until then!
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Re: DefCon 22 Creative Writing/Short Story-WINNERS

Originally posted by eris View Post
    I know this announcement comes a few hours early but I am going to a craft beer festival in one hour and will probably be too drunk to try to make this post when the time goes. Thank you to all who submitted stories this year! It was a bit difficult receiving so many at once, at the last minute, while I was on holiday, but we made it! A lot of great work came into our inbox! It was a close battle this year, and difficult to choose. But after consultation with my fellow judges, we have come to a decision!

Title-Hide It Well

Author-Jacie Jones

Author-Rob Pait

You will receive your badges at DefCon. I will pick them up from DefCon staff and distribute them. Please bring ID so I can verify who you are to receive your badges. Please follow @dcshortstory to receive meet up instructions. I will also post here on the forums when the time comes. Please private message me any questions until then!
    MWAHAHAH I WON 2nd PLACE!

Comment

Congratulations to all the Winners! All well-deserved

Title-Hide It Well

Author-Jacie Jones

Author-Rob Pait

Comment

Jacie Jones: Sorry you couldn't attend DEFCON 22! I still retain your prize badge and hope we can work out some way of getting it to you for a souvenir at least. Conversation to be continued in email. Please follow @defconshortstory on twitter!
        Last edited by eris; August 12th, 2014, 21:49.

Comment

Jacie Jones: I will be at Masquerade Bar, Rio, today, Thursday, from 4 to 5 pm. After that I will be at Toxic BBQ. After that(i dont know exact timing, sorry!) Back at Rio.
          Friday AM Update:+1 (949) 903-8875
          Call/text only! For badge retrieval! Note: cell jamming
          Is common in convention area, try more than once.
          Last edited by eris; August 12th, 2014, 21:50.

Comment

Working...
          X