Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting on BLM land in NV...

FYI.
    BLM is starting to post up these signs and enforcing what's on them.
    Last edited by Quiet; June 25, 2014, 12:51.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Re: Shooting on BLM land in NV...

Originally posted by Quiet View Post
    FYI.
    BLM is starting to post up these signs and enforcing what's on them.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...6&d=1403584026
    Thanks for the info! (Sadly the URL to the image only loads for people that have it cached, or have an account on the calguns.net forums and is logged-in, and images that don't load, won't show up in posts here.)

Testing inclusion of an image with URL in this forum:

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      Thanks for the info! (Sadly the URL to the image only loads for people that have it cached, or have an account on the calguns.net forums and is logged-in)
      frak. sorry about that. give me a few to fix it.

how about now?
      “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Comment

frak. sorry about that. give me a few to fix it.
        No worries. I thought I would let you know about it so you could fix it; your purpose in posting it was to inform. :-)

However, from your point of view, your browser cache, and logged-in session with their site would show the image as loading, which would make anyone else's question about,"what image?" not make sense.

Thanks! Hope this helps.

-Cot

how about now?

Yep! The image loads! Thanks!

-Cot

For search engines to index, mobile/tiny browsers, etc:
        [ALT: text of image]
        [pre]
        TARGET SHOOTERS
        You Shoot It - You Own It
        Clean Up Targets, Shell
        Casings & Trash
        * NO GLASS TARGETS
        (TVs, Bottles, Etc.)
        * NO EXPLOSIVES
        (Tannerite, Pressurized Containers, Etc.)
        * NO TARGETS ON TREES

* NO SHOOTING AT TREES

* NO SHOOTING ACROSS OR
        TOWARDS ROADS OR TRAILS

43 CFR 8365.1-4(a): Punishable by fine or up to $1,000 and/or
        imprisonment up to 12 months.
        [/pre]
        [/ALT]

The information you provide is critical to people's plans. Though I won't be there this year, I appreciate the work you put in to get this information out to us.
        Last edited by TheCotMan; June 25, 2014, 13:02. Reason: avoid double-post from edited reply

Comment

nod. good to know about the policies, etc.

most years, DEFCON Shoot folk wouldn't transgress this too badly. sometimes some glass would come out, and the occasional can of shaving cream .... although I doubt they'd get into too much of a twist about that last point.

we always police as much of our debris as is reasonable, so we should be fine. still, good to know.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

That sign is up in the Reno area, there are questions if BLM actually put the sign up. They are attempting to ban the use of Tannerite up there due to fear that it will cause a fire, but so far, no attempt in southern Nevada. The statue cited is a "nuisance" law, basically prohibiting creating a hazard or nuisance (no definition of what those are) or not dispersing after being told to by a cop.

I do not recommend bringing your trash or junk electronics and shooting that up, the desert around here is filled with shot up TVs, furniture, broken glass and other junk- a lot of weekend warriors like to borrow dad's AR, a case of beer, shoot up their trash and leave it out in the desert. These guys get used as examples as to why BLM land needs to be closed off for shooting.

Comment

Working...
            X