This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW: Ride Sharing to DEFCON Shoot

Finally starting my defcon planning for this year and didn't see a ride sharing thread yet, so let's get one started. I'm hoping to tag along with someone from the Rio to the shoot on Wednesday afternoon. Preferably someone who isn't staying the night in the desert, as I'm not bringing a pillow. I'll just have myself and one case, probably a pelican 1610. Obviously I would be happy to pitch in for fuel, or throw some ammo your way, or come to some other mutual agreement for compensation. I would also be happy to go a bit early and help set up, if that help is needed or wanted.

Re: DC shoot rideshare

Is there any way we con have some ridesharing fro the Tuscany for the Weds night shoot? I will be at BsidesLV and most likely other shoot participants will be there also. I wont have a car but would be glad to help pay for gas if needed.
    “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Comment

Re: NEW: Ride Sharing to DEFCON Shoot

I've marked this thread as a sticky and edited the name somewhat. My reasons for this are to do with volunteer staff.

Some people post here because they are just generally looking around for rides to the Shoot either Wednesday or Thursday. However, some people who are seeking rides are not just basic shooters looking to check out the event. Some people are volunteers who are our RSOs or General Staff.

If you aren't normally the type of person who offers a ride, consider speaking up if you are willing to transport one of these tireless volunteers out to Lovell Canyon Road. No one will think less of you for saying "I don't know if i'll have space, but i will do the best i can if you are part of the DC Shoot Volunteer Team."

So, i ask of you...

If you might have room for staff - please reply here with the following details:
      1. best nickname to use (if it doesn't match your forum name)
      2. best way to reach you (email or SMS or phone, you can DM me details)
      3. which day or days you are going to the DC Shoot
      4. if you are camping overnight or not
      5. hotel from which you are departing / to which you are returning
      6. how we can easily identify you on site as the caravan gets together

If you are a volunteer staff member who needs a ride - please reply here (or i'll post for folk without accounts) with the following details:
      1. best nickname to use (see above)
      2. best way to reach you (see above)
      3. which day or days you are working at the DC Shoot
      4. if you are camping out overnight or not
      5. hotel depart from / hotel to return
      6. how many seats you may have available

thanks!
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Ill be volunteering Thursday for both shifts. I'll have room for 3 other staff who will be there all day. (Not sure car size or trunk space. Expect compact or midsized)

1. JK-47
        2. SMS
        3. Thursday
        4. Not camping over
        5. Rio / Gold Coast
        6. Bald with goatee, and stunning blue eyes. Wait, thats 1/2 the caravan.

P.S. No smoking IN the car, it'll be a rental.

Comment

My wife and I are both volunteering. We plan on being at the shoot on Wednesday and Thursday. We own a mid sized car. Our back seat should be available. I expect at least half of our trunk will be full of gear.

1. Forum name will work fine for now
          2. Phone/email. Deviant has this information
          3. Both
          4. Not sure yet. We might
          5. For the purpose of the shoot, the Rio.
          6. Brown hair, goatee, black shirt...
          Scavenger Hunt Team: Too Old for Captain Crunch

Comment

PM Sent...

Comment

1. flirzan
              2. my username @ psychoholics dot org
              3. I'm scheduled to work Thursday, but already have a ride for that day. I was hoping to hang out at the shoot on Wednesday and help out if needed. So far I don't have a ride out for Wednesday.
              4. Not camping
              5. Rio

As I said above, I'm happy to help with fuel, food, ammo, etc if you let me tag along.

Comment

1. Rewt Daemon or simply rewtd
                2. Twitter probably while @ DEF CON (@rewtd)
                3. I'm working the Wednesday of the Shoot, will be headed up on time.
                4. Not staying over,
                5. Rio
                6. I'll have a (sub)compact: only my seat's taken currently.
                GnuPG-Fingerprint:
                F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE

V5 vi veri Vniversum vivus vici

Comment

I'm a RSO volunteer who needs a ride out...

1. best nickname to use: Forum name "blocked" is fine
                  2. best way to reach you: Deviant has my email and cell phone, either of those is fine. I can PM to others. (*EDIT: Actually as a new forum member I can't PM yet, maybe tomorrow)
                  3. which day or days you are working at the DC Shoot: I think I'll be working Wednesday all day, but Deviant can verify.
                  4. if you are camping out overnight or not: Not camping
                  5. hotel depart from / hotel to return: Staying at the Tropicana, but I can meet somewhere else

--blocked
                  Last edited by blocked; July 10, 2014, 09:27.

Comment

I'll be arriving in Vegas around noon Wednesday. I should have room for 2 or 3 people (depending how much gear you have).
                    Won't be staying the night in the desert and I'm staying at the con hotel.

Also driving in from Los Angeles that morning so if anyone needs a ride from LA, I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tran View Post
                      I'll be arriving in Vegas around noon Wednesday. I should have room for 2 or 3 people (depending how much gear you have).

Also driving in from Los Angeles that morning so if anyone needs a ride from LA, I can help.
                      Dr. Tran, can I call dibs on one of your seats? I'm anticipating having a single pelican 1610 case. I get into McCarran about 11:30 Wednesday morning and will be going straight to the Rio, so I could meet you whenever you're ready to head toward the shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
                        Dr. Tran, can I call dibs on one of your seats? I'm anticipating having a single pelican 1610 case. I get into McCarran about 11:30 Wednesday morning and will be going straight to the Rio, so I could meet you whenever you're ready to head toward the shoot.
                        PM sent for contact email

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tran View Post

Hi.

I arrive from Norway on Tuesday, and I really want to go to the shooutout. Do you still have a seat? Or does anyone else have a seat either on Wednesday or Thursday?

Comment

norsurvivor I have a few seats that have not been taken yet. I plan on meeting at the Rio for anyone who needs a ride.
                            Scavenger Hunt Team: Too Old for Captain Crunch

Comment

I only have one comfirmed in my car so far (other than me). I can carry 4 others. My only catch is that I MUST leave for the hotel at noon Thursday and not a minute later.

Comment

Working...
                              X