Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DarkNet Agent Roll Call

Hi Everybody,
    I'm Gulo the idiot who needs to sleep more before trying to think.
    There are techs that solve problems and there are techs that call other techs to solve problems.
    Which one are you?

Comment

Re: DarkNet Agent Roll Call>>skills inventory

For the agents that participated last year what tools will you bring w you this year?

Comment

hi
        pooneth here.
        Last edited by pooneth; July 12, 2014, 13:29.

Comment

Hello, Vesuvius here. I've never made a forums account except for this, so I had to wait the 24 hour flood protection out. Looking forward to seeing how far this challenge goes and seeing everyone in Vegas in a few weeks.

Comment

hello!
            unfortunately wont be able to attend this year, but I definitely look forward to seeing what comes out. thanks for setting this up, always appreciated.

Comment

hi...bored...can't sleep

is this all web based x-x ? where's a tunnel?

Comment

Re: DarkNet Agent Roll Call>>skills inventory

Originally posted by sigmetxray View Post
                For the agents that participated last year what tools will you bring w you this year?
                We'll try to provide (eg soldering irons) or make available for purchase (eg kits, lock picks (sold by others in the vendor area)) the tools you'll need.

The one notable exception: a computer. At least a browser and/or XMPP client to communicate with the Daemon, but some quests will involve more horsepower than that. You might want to have something you can boot on a USB stick or CD-ROM for commonly available tools *cough*kali*cough*, and maybe a Wifi interface capable of going into permiscuous mode, if learning/doing that sort of thing strikes your fancy. If not, don't worry about it.

I'll do another post in a new thread on this subject. There's a fair bit to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by zlice View Post
                  hi...bored...can't sleep

is this all web based x-x ? where's a tunnel?
                  The Daemon has an XMPP (Jabber) identity. You will communicate with it over XMPP. If you prefer to use your existing XMPP identity, you are welcome to do so. If you don't have one, or would rather not use it, we have a hosting service you're welcome to use (after the game too, if you want.) Our website will host an XMPP client that can be configured to talk to any XMPP server, but will be configured to talk to ours by default.

So, by default, if you go to our site (when it's live) and create an account, you'll be able to talk to the daemon directly without any outside requirements. If, for example, you'd rather use a native XMPP client on your phone for convenience, you'll be able to do that too.

(Assuming they don't rip the carpet out from under us between now and Defcon, Google Hangouts supports XMPP. So you'll be able to add the Daemon to your Hangouts contacts and use that if you want. But they've been threatening to turn off XMPP S2S for over a year now, so we aren't relying on this. Worst case, we can setup a Google specific identity for the Daemon to preserve this functionality.)

As for the work you'll be doing once you talk to the Daemon, that can get a lot more involved. Like I said in my previous post, I'll start a separate thread to discuss this.

Comment

Originally posted by lexxmac View Post
                    Howdy. New here. I'll help with "stuff" - especially hardware.
                    DM l33tbunni and work with him on scheduling a time to be in the HHV to help with "especially hardware." Thanks! :-)

Comment

hi Smitty and zeroaltitude

Comment

hi! glad to see dcdarknet coming back! and where's my next code? :)

Comment

The Name's Sacramento. Bob Sacramento. Awaiting instructions.

Comment

If you haven't gotten what you think you should have gotten here, please DM me. Otherwise, I think we're all caught up. #intentionallyvague

Comment

Stopping by to say 'hi' as requested :)

Comment

wspikes checking in

Comment

Working...
                                X