Anyone Camping This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Camping This Year?

I haven't heard anyone mention camping out at the shoot site on Wednesday night. Is anyone planning on doing that this year?

Re: Anyone Camping This Year?

Lady Merlin and i will be out there in a tent and have a small cook stove, etc. if all plans come together.

i'll surely miss late night big sky evening with FirmWarez and ShortGrrl if they don't attend.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      Lady Merlin and i will be out there in a tent and have a small cook stove, etc. if all plans come together.

i'll surely miss late night big sky evening with FirmWarez and ShortGrrl if they don't attend.
      I camped out there the first year it was a 2 day shoot, with my girlfriend and her son. We didn't make it to the shoot last year, but we are planning to camp out again this year.

We are driving in from San Jose. Is there anything we could bring along for the campers to enjoy on Wednesday night?

Comment

Originally posted by RoboHak View Post
        Is there anything we could bring along for the campers to enjoy on Wednesday night?
        i was going to purchase one of those crap-bird disposable charcoal grills to cook that evening, but if you have a more reliable and decent small grill, that'd be great, i say. :-)

maybe we'd even make some decent breakfast in the AM, etc. ;-D
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

Well I'll actually be out there sometime Monday to get things ready for the "Hacker War Games". I'm planning on bringing my Travel Trailer/RV so I'll have an oven, 4 burner stove, sink, and rig/freezer for anyone camping to use. That is if I get the 94 Jeep completely rebuilt in time (New motor, transmission, transfer case, and front and rear axle, etc.). If I don't get it fixed in time I'll have at least a toilet and a 2 burner stove with me that all campers are welcome to use. I should know about 1 week before the first of August and will post it here.

Comment

It sounds like TheSiscoCoon has the best setup if he gets it working in time. I will have one of the small butane camping stoves, which anyone is welcome to use if they would like. Last time I camped out there we had a George Foreman grill and a small generator. I don't think I'm going to bother with the generator this year, unless someone has a good use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoboHak View Post
              It sounds like TheSiscoCoon has the best setup if he gets it working in time. I will have one of the small butane camping stoves, which anyone is welcome to use if they would like. Last time I camped out there we had a George Foreman grill and a small generator. I don't think I'm going to bother with the generator this year, unless someone has a good use for it.

Well it looks like I'll have the Trailer with me (95% sure). I'll also have a nice sized Webber gas grill with me too. So if anyone wants to grill we can do that (no need for a generator) or they can use the 4 burner gas stove or oven. The trailer will only have some basic pots so we can't get real fancy with the cooking. Campers are also welcome to use the Frig/Freezer if they want too. I'll know 100% if I'm taking the trailer by Wednesday or Thursday this week (I'm busy installing a new Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, and rebuilding the front and rear axles of my 94 Jeep YJ and should have it back up and running by then). I also found a place on my way to dump the tanks so as long as everyone respects the water use, the toilet and shower can be used for the campers. The only thing is I'll be parked at the other side of the shooting area. I need to be close to my course so I don't have to walk so far back and forth to unload and reload all my stuff up in the trailer. The trailer will be pretty full of stuff so even though I have 3 beds (Sleeps 6) I will only have room for myself. But other than that everyone is welcome to hang out and or camp out around me if they want. If you need me to bring something or have questions please Text me (775-790-6166) that's a burner so after Defcon it will no longer work.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Sorry for the repeat of info on my last post I have a lot of things going on right now and didn't realize I repeated myself with what is going on with my Jeep.

Well I have been up working for my job since Monday night and then coming home to try to finish up the jeep (it's 5:25Am Wednesday now). I'm pretty much finished with the Jeep minus some minor parts waiting for delivery, the jeep is finished being mechanically restored. So I WILL have my trailer with me (I don't have to rent a vehicle to haul all my crap down there, ya). So for all you campers out there, I will have my trailer with me! :) . So as long as everyone respects the water usage there will be a toilet to use and shower along with a full kitchen and sink. I'll also have my full sized Webber gas grill with me (stakes/hamburgers anyone?). I will not have room for anyone else to sleep in the trailer but I should have some extra cushions for people to use in there tents to sleep on other than the nice comfy rocks to sleep on.

And again I'll be out there sometime on Monday evening (4th August) if anyone wants to come out early. If anyone has questions or wants me to bring something for them please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Well I'm sorry to say this but I'll NOT have my trailer with me. The Jeep is pretty much done, however I just received the wrong rear Driveshaft. So I will not be able to get the correct one til sometime Friday next week, which is way to late. I now have to rent a truck/van to get all the contest equipment down there. I will have a 2 burner Colman stove and a portable toilet for any camper to use if they need.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Working...
                  X