Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for helpers this year at the Be the Match booth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for helpers this year at the Be the Match booth.

Interested in helping out at the Be the Match booth at DefCon this year? Like we have done in previous years, we are looking for some help with getting people registered... we are working Fri/Sat/Sun starting at 9am, and could use people willing to work 4 hours or more. If you are interested, please let me know what time you'd be willing to work, and what day.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for helpers this year at the Be the Match booth.

Originally posted by Grendel View Post
    Interested in helping out at the Be the Match booth at DefCon this year? Like we have done in previous years, we are looking for some help with getting people registered... we are working Fri/Sat/Sun starting at 9am, and could use people willing to work 4 hours or more. If you are interested, please let me know what time you'd be willing to work, and what day.

Thanks!

I can help out for a 4 hour shift on Friday. I don't know the talk schedule yet and this year I actually get to attend some for the first time in years!! Lets say, an am shift so I still have my day free? I might be a little rough around the edges at 9 am but I can usually push through such things. This isn't collecting swabs, just getting reg forms filled out? (Ooo, I need to make sure my own info is updated.)
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Actually, swabs will be part of the registration process. You don't do the swab, but you do put them in a little protector.

We have spots open for Friday morning, and would love to have your help. PM me and send me a contact number or other contact method, so that I can get in touch with you during the con.

Thanks!

Comment

I’m in. I put the word out to the rest of the Ninjas to see if anyone else can help too. Would you message me the open spots in your schedule?

Cheers!

Comment

Actually, swabs will be part of the registration process. You don't do the swab, but you do put them in a little protector.

We have spots open for Friday morning, and would love to have your help. PM me and send me a contact number or other contact method, so that I can get in touch with you during the con.

Thanks!
          Ok, I just didn't want to swab people's cheeks myself. I have put the event on my calendar reminder app for 9 am at this point. I have sent a private message on forum with contact infoz.
          "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

I would also like to know what time slots you have open. Totally willing to help.

Comment

Most of the Ninjas who are going to DC this year are gooning, but there are three of us willing to help out.

Just let me or Beckka know your open time slots and we’ll fill as many as we can between us.

Comment

I would be glad to do a four hour shift for the Be the Match booth!

I had registered a couple of years back, and made sure my info was current last year.

I have no preference on what times I would do my shift, so hopefully this flexibility is a plus.

If there is info I can review ahead of time, please let me know.

I have sent a PM with my pertinent information. Thanks!

Comment

Ember and I could lend a hand for a shift. Glad to help.
                  If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

I'm happy to help out, but I'm also volunteering with TOOOL for the Lockpick Village. I'm on light duty, so I should have some time open. Let me know what slots are open or need extra manpower, and I'll coordinate my schedule accordingly.

Comment

Thanks to all the volunteers! PMs have been sent, and we will keep you in the loop as we get closer to the convention. However, we are still looking for about 8 more, if anyone else wants to help out. The shifts are:
                      9-1, 1-5, and 5-9 on Friday and Saturday.

Any help is appreciated - in the past, the booth gets some serious attention, and the people from Be the Match work their butts off to get the word out and get people signed up... it would be extremely helpful to get the community to alleviate some of that pressure and stress by volunteering in the booth. Be the Match is here by our request, and I would love to blow their minds by having the DefCon community mobilize help them get an obscene number of hackers on the registry.

Thanks!

- Tom Wilhelm

Comment

Thanks to all the volunteers! PMs have been sent, and we will keep you in the loop as we get closer to the convention. However, we are still looking for about 8 more, if anyone else wants to help out. The shifts are:
                        9-1, 1-5, and 5-9 on Friday and Saturday.

Any help is appreciated - in the past, the booth gets some serious attention, and the people from Be the Match work their butts off to get the word out and get people signed up... it would be extremely helpful to get the community to alleviate some of that pressure and stress by volunteering in the booth. Be the Match is here by our request, and I would love to blow their minds by having the DefCon community mobilize help them get an obscene number of hackers on the registry.

Thanks!

- Tom Wilhelm
                        Tom, I am willing to help this great cause... Any time on Sat. Morn will work for me... Please let me know...

Comment

Still looking for 4 more volunteers to help out at the Be the Match booth this year: Hours available both Friday and Saturday. Thanks!

- Tom Wilhelm

Comment

Got you on twitter, same name. I'm available anytime. Just need to get past the long line to get the badge.

Comment

Working...
                            X