Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defcne.net privacy

hello to all members,

creating new account into defcne.net form, it request me for phone number. what's the privacy policy to personal data at defcne.net? giving they your phone number can allow to send "premium sms" to your mobile phone. this message type means that you paid it when received. i don't want to receive any "premium sms".

best. :-)

Re: defcne.net privacy

There is no privacy policy associated with defcne.net at this time. You can provide a number at your own risk. If you are not comfortable with providing number when we do not have a policy, do not provide your number.
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

that field is a "must" field. well, how to contact to defcne.net administrators to change or delete my profile?. there is no option to do this.

Comment

I have submitted a request. Your profile will be deleted shortly.
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

thank you. :-)

Comment

Your user account has been removed. Cell phone numbers are only ever required for contest/event/village owners so that we staff may contact them, they are never used in an automated fashion.

Comment

thank you 0x58. but knowing this before creating an account at defcne.net can be a great help to choose not delete the new account. for future users, i suggest you to update defcne.net with this information and contact form for users.

best. ;-)

Comment

I think the most worrisome part about http://defcne.net is that it doesn't require HTTPS
                45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                  I think the most worrisome part about http://defcne.net is that it doesn't require HTTPS
                  This is excellent constructive criticism., and I thank you for taking the time to post it. :-)

I am not responsible for that site, but when I roll out the "What sucked, and what was awesome?" round-up thread after DEF CON 22, please include this as a suggestion on how to make DEF CON 23 better next year.

By including it in the thread on how to make DEF CON better, there is a much better chance it can be addressed next year.

If a Goon from Contests & Events responds to you here to let you know they will fix it next year, you don't need to remember to also include it in the post-defcon22 thread unless you want to.

Thanks for the observation of trouble and suggestion on how to fix it. Also, thanks for your contributions to the Crypto-Privacy Village. Sorry I will miss it this year. If you return next year, it is something on my must-see list.

-Cot

Comment

Working...
                  X