Gun Rental Fee/Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Rental Fee/Cost

NOTE: All equipment and supplies will be provided for you if you rent. The only equipment you will need is a standard belt to support the weight. I will provide eyes and ears but you may bring your own if you would like. Those of you that are LEFT HAND shooters may bring/use your own holster that will fit a Gov. Model 5" 1911 (Leather or Nylon holsters work best, some hard plastic holsters do NOT fit my 1911). My 1911 has an ambi safety already installed and the extra Mag holster will work for both LEFT and RIGHT handed shooters (Only a left hand gun holster would be requited to shoot left handed).

For those of you that would like to rent a gun or need to rent a gun for the contest I will have a 1911 you may rent.

Renting in 22LR:

For those will little to no money you may rent my 1911 in 22LR. You will be given 33rds total, 30rds to complete the course and 3rds to practice with before you run the course. This option is only good for the first 30 contestants wanting to use this option.

Renting in 45ACP/Auto:

For those of you with some money you may rent my 1911 in 45ACP/Auto for the cost of the ammo ($8.00US cash). The fee gives you 30rds to complete the course with and 3rds to practice with before you run the course. This option will be available to the first 30 contestants wanting to use this option.

Bringing your own Factory 45ACP/Auto Ammo:

If you bring ammo that is factory made you may rent my 1911 for FREE. Number of Contestants is unlimited.

The 1 Shot Sniper Shot:

You will be provided with 1 round to shoot this part of the course (Sorry NO practice shot). There is NO FEE or equipment needed for this part.

Re: Gun Rental Fee/Cost

Originally posted by TheSiscoCoon View Post
    NOTE: All equipment and supplies will be provided for you if you rent. The only equipment you will need is a standard belt to support the weight. I will provide eyes and ears but you may bring your own if you would like. Those of you that are LEFT HAND shooters may bring/use your own holster that will fit a Gov. Model 5" 1911 (Leather or Nylon holsters work best, some hard plastic holsters do NOT fit my 1911). My 1911 has an ambi safety already installed and the extra Mag holster will work for both LEFT and RIGHT handed shooters (Only a left hand gun holster would be requited to shoot left handed).

For those of you that would like to rent a gun or need to rent a gun for the contest I will have a 1911 you may rent.

Renting in 22LR:

For those will little to no money you may rent my 1911 in 22LR. You will be given 33rds total, 30rds to complete the course and 3rds to practice with before you run the course. This option is only good for the first 30 contestants wanting to use this option.

Renting in 45ACP/Auto:

For those of you with some money you may rent my 1911 in 45ACP/Auto for the cost of the ammo ($8.00US cash). The fee gives you 30rds to complete the course with and 3rds to practice with before you run the course. This option will be available to the first 30 contestants wanting to use this option.

Bringing your own Factory 45ACP/Auto Ammo:

If you bring ammo that is factory made you may rent my 1911 for FREE. Number of Contestants is unlimited.

The 1 Shot Sniper Shot:

You will be provided with 1 round to shoot this part of the course (Sorry NO practice shot). There is NO FEE or equipment needed for this part.

IMO, these fees are *very* reasonable. I won't be there this year, but wanted to thank you for running this event and making so accessible to so many people, especially those unwilling or unable to bring their own firearm, for many reasons.

It is good you are asking others to help you pay for the costs of this, otherwise you risk burn-out, and risk drawing "leeches" expecting this is part of the cost of the DEF CON badge they buy.

Thanks!
    -Cot

Comment

What 1911 model do you have? This may be an opportunity to pit 1911s against one another too. :>

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
        What 1911 model do you have? This may be an opportunity to pit 1911s against one another too. :>

If you check out the post with a link to me dropbox you will see a picture of it. Since the picture I have put on the Ambi-safety. It is a Rock Island Armory 1911. It is actually there Combo model so it comes from the factory with the conversion slide in 22LR already pre-fitted. The Frame from all my research says it is/was built from the original dies from the old Colts. All I can really say is that I have NEVER had to custom fit any 1911 parts to the frame. They all are simply a bolt on. In the DropBox link there is a simple Text file that will list in more detail what Mods have been done to the gun.

A shoot out......sure if I have the time, but I'm not the best shot out there however. :)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
          IMO, these fees are *very* reasonable. I won't be there this year, but wanted to thank you for running this event and making so accessible to so many people, especially those unwilling or unable to bring their own firearm, for many reasons.

It is good you are asking others to help you pay for the costs of this, otherwise you risk burn-out, and risk drawing "leeches" expecting this is part of the cost of the DEF CON badge they buy.

Thanks!
          -Cot
          Thanks Cot,

I want EVERYONE to be able to try this contest out, so I tried to make it as cheap as I can even though I spend a lot of money each year to put it on. And this year with the 7.62NATO I needed to buy a good AR500 Steel target plus I wanted to make the course longer so I have to built more paper target stands. It's all in good fun! :)

It's too bad you can't make it out this year. I hope all is going well with you.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Working...
          X