Firearms at Mandalay Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms at Mandalay Bay

So, having been to DC shoot last year while staying at Caesars for both Blackhat and Defcon, and experienced great service from the security team at Caesars (no questions asked storage in a secure room in back of house), I called Mandalay Bay today just to clarify their policies, since I am staying there for the entire week this year due to BH.

Well, Mandalay Bay's policy is no firearms anywhere on property, period. No storage provided regardless of reason, and if you openly carry or show the fact you have guns, you will be asked to leave.

The security guy was actually fairly nice and basically said that it's corporate policy but because I was planning to attend a shooting event, I could store the locked case in my car or in my room and that was fine but it was a "don't ask don't tell" policy and I should not make it obvious that my "guitar case" was anything else.

Anyway, just thought everyone should know, since I was surprised after the Caesars folks were so accommodating and even gave me a free tour of the back of house when I checked my case in and out of their lockers.

Re: Firearms at Mandalay Bay

Most of the Strip properties have a no firearms policy, or at least a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Mandalay is a MGM property, and MGM has a blanket "no guns" policy for all of its properties. The hotels in Pahrump are much more used to having armed guests as most of the people who are attending Front Sight stay there.

I would definitely NOT store your firearms in your car. I would store them in a hard sided lockable container with no markings, stickers or other indicators to attract attention to the fact that it contains a gun.

I do have space in my safe for extra guns, but I don't expect people who don't know me from Adam would want me store their valuable firearms for them. I know I wouldn't.

Comment

Re: Firearms at Mandalay Bay

Originally posted by cthulhucalling View Post
      Most of the Strip properties have a no firearms policy, or at least a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Mandalay is a MGM property, and MGM has a blanket "no guns" policy for all of its properties. The hotels in Pahrump are much more used to having armed guests as most of the people who are attending Front Sight stay there.

I would definitely NOT store your firearms in your car. I would store them in a hard sided lockable container with no markings, stickers or other indicators to attract attention to the fact that it contains a gun.

I do have space in my safe for extra guns, but I don't expect people who don't know me from Adam would want me store their valuable firearms for them. I know I wouldn't.
      I usually do the don't ask don't tell way about it and when checking in requested NO ROOM SERVICE for the whole stay. I tried the door knob hanger and had a problem once of it getting stolen off the knob. Luckily I spotted it missing before the maid came to clean the room.

Comment

Working...
      X