This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker WarGame is still a go: Ignore "road closed" sign

This contest is being run by TheSiscoCoon but he is on-site or on his way to the site as mentioned here: https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=13966

I have nothing to do with the planning of this contest. I don't run anything at DEF CON except a few services on some servers.

I just sent TheSiscoCoon a text message letting him know what Deviant said on twitter, and letting him know that I am posting an assumption that "Hacker War Games" is still on, too, and if you are participating, you should probably do what Deviant says and continue on to the site.

Sorry, TheSiscoCoon if this it overstepping the space under your control. I reason it like this:
    * If you are at the site, then it is a go, and should be okay to post, especially if you have no cell service.
    * If you are not at the site, you likely have cell service, and will get and will reply to the text message I sent, telling me otherwise.

Hope this helps!
    -Cot

Here is a copy of the post I created at the request of Deviant Ollam (who is not running this contest, but it running the DEF CON Shoot next door to this event had to say about his event (not Hacker War Games.))

Deviant Ollam mentioned on twitter there is a "road closed" sign on the road out to the shoot, but you should ignore it and continue to the shoot.

DEF CON Shoot is still a go:

URL1=https://twitter.com/deviantollam/sta...49428443983873
    Originally posted by URL1
    @_defcon_ Shoot is still on, do not worry about signs saying road is closed. @TCMBC can you post to forums, too? Advance says we're OK.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; August 6, 2014, 07:26.

Re: Hacker WarGame is still a go: Ignore "road closed" sign

UPDATE: I have confirmation from The SiscoCoon that he is indeed on-site, ready for this, and this is a go.

I've edited the thread title to remove "assume" since it is now confirmed.

HTH,
    -Cot

Comment

No problem Cot. Ya I was on-site in the desert at about 8pm on Monday shortly after the flash flood passed through the area where the shoot was located. Which is most likely why they closed the road down. Cell service out there is pretty much non-existent out there. I new Deviants email because I was working with him helping for the DC Shoot. So I emailed him to spread the word that the roads where clear and that I had seen the police a few times and they never bothered me.

Thanks again for posting that info for me I couldn't have done it without you. I barely got the word out that everything is good to go as it is let alone getting on the forum.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheSiscoCoon View Post
        No problem Cot. Ya I was on-site in the desert at about 8pm on Monday shortly after the flash flood passed through the area where the shoot was located. Which is most likely why they closed the road down. Cell service out there is pretty much non-existent out there. I new Deviants email because I was working with him helping for the DC Shoot. So I emailed him to spread the word that the roads where clear and that I had seen the police a few times and they never bothered me.

Thanks again for posting that info for me I couldn't have done it without you. I barely got the word out that everything is good to go as it is let alone getting on the forum.

TheSiscoCoon
        Thanks for understanding, and replying to my SMS to get explicit confirmation out to the users and attendees. :-)

-Cot

Comment

Working...
        X