[RESOLVED] CD/DVD With Empty CDA Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RESOLVED] CD/DVD With Empty CDA Files

What is the purpose of the disc that contains empty files Track01.cda through Track14.cda?
    Last edited by Snapshot; August 13, 2014, 01:26. Reason: adjust title to reflect proper operation on audio device

Re: CD/DVD With Empty CDA Files

Originally posted by Snapshot View Post
    What is the purpose of the disc that contains empty files Track01.cda through Track14.cda?
    Hate to be the guy that asks, "is it plugged in?" but here goes:

Have you tried "playing" it on a CD-ROM player as an audio disk instead of a computer?

It is possible you have a defective CD. Was this supposed to be a conference CD/DVD or something from one of the DJ, or vendor area?

If this was a conference CD, a RAR or ISO should be available "soon" or downloadable from media.defcon.org "soon"

More information may help. Maybe others will comment on this too, to see if this is isolated, or wide-spread.

Thanks!
    -Cot

Comment

Thanks for the response.

This was one of the discs in the package received at registration, it has a black and white label marked DEFCON 22 and Official Soundtrack. There was a similar disc at DEFCON 21 with a red and black label.

Obviously the official soundtrack can't exist before the conference.

So I am wondering is the supplied disc supposed to be used to write some content that we can download later? Or is there some other purpose?

Comment

Thanks for the response.

This was one of the discs in the package received at registration, it has a black and white label marked DEFCON 22 and Official Soundtrack. There was a similar disc at DEFCON 21 with a red and black label.

Obviously the official soundtrack can't exist before the conference.

So I am wondering is the supplied disc supposed to be used to write some content that we can download later? Or is there some other purpose?
        Thanks for the information. I think GreatScott! is the person that would have to answer these questions.

I gain nothing by posting this: http://music.gravitasrecordings.com/...ial-soundtrack
        As I understand it, that is what is supposed to be on the disk you were given at registration.

One more thing, just so we have explicit confirmation: you did try playing the CD as CD-audio, not with an mp3/ogg player, right?

Next, assuming this is the case, as this is most likely, anyone else out there see this problem with their CD? How wide-spread is it?
        Last edited by TheCotMan; August 12, 2014, 17:35.

Comment

Got a reply from GreatScott! on this. He will look into it soon:

URL1=https://twitter.com/GreatScottMusic/...50978584268800

Originally posted by URL1
          Great Scott ‏@GreatScottMusic

@TCMBC weird! I hope it's not a widespread issue. I'll look into it when I get home in an hr or two. meantime, rls ... [chop included URL in previous post]
          Thanks GreatScott! :-)

Also, related, music tracks and info:

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-2...oundtrack.html
          Last edited by TheCotMan; August 12, 2014, 18:07.

Comment

GreatScott! just tested their CD to make sure it worked for them:

URL1=https://twitter.com/GreatScottMusic/...79303037927425

Originally posted by URL1
            Great Scott ‏@GreatScottMusic

@TCMBC just tested cd in my car! Works fine here. *whew*
            Any more information? Have you tried playing your CD on an "old fashioned" CD player that only does audio CDs?

Let's see if we can diagnose this issue.

Comment

Hi Snapshot!

How did you try playing/reading it? As Cot mentioned, I'm able to play it in my car without any troubles. I haven't tested it on a computer yet, however.

If it turns out that your CD is screwed up, I managed to take a big stack of them home with me. I'd be happy to send you a fresh one if you PM me a mailing address. I have to send a stack of 'em off in the next day or two to the artists, anyway.
              | | |

Comment

I don't have a regular CD audio player but I tried it in an Blu-Ray player and voila there are 14 songs Drippin, System is Broke, etc.

So my disc is fine, it just needs to be used in the correct device.

Thanks to all for comments and suggestions, sorry for the false alarm.

I'll try to update the title of the thread. So that isn't working, it only lets me update the title of the first post. Mods feel free to fix the thread title.

Snapshot
                Last edited by Snapshot; August 13, 2014, 01:29.

Comment

I don't have a regular CD audio player but I tried it in an Blu-Ray player and voila there are 14 songs Drippin, System is Broke, etc.

So my disc is fine, it just needs to be used in the correct device.

Thanks to all for comments and suggestions, sorry for the false alarm.

I'll try to update the title of the thread. So that isn't working, it only lets me update the title of the first post. Mods feel free to fix the thread title.

Snapshot
                  Thanks for describing the issue and resolution.

Thread title altered to be prefixed with "[RESOLVED]"

GreatScott! Thanks for your help with this. Sorry about a false alarm. Your work and support of this has been excellent, as usual. :-)

Anyone else that finds this thread? Hope the above helps you resolve this for you.

-Cot

Comment

Working...
                  X