Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Lock Box Q&A? Modification workshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Lock Box Q&A? Modification workshop?

I haven't fully gotten my head around this yet, but with the latest firearm lock box products that I've been seeing on the market all being as relatively weak and vulnerable to attack as the ones I discussed back at DEF CON 19, I'm thinking about whether there would be any interest in some kind of informative session about these products and how users might modify them to make them better, etc.

The latest hype on the internet seems to be around The GunBox, but you can see my analysis of that here...

http://deviating.net/words/?p=331

... so maybe there's a way that we could all get some hands-on time with these and other units? Maybe out in the desert isn't the best place to do that... but perhaps some time during the con itself? Maybe in the Lockpick Village? Just trying to get folks' thoughts on this.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Gun Lock Box Q&A? Modification workshop?

Nice video. I thought about getting a magician's box that seems locked under all circumstances but can be opened with only with brute force or the knowledge of the trick. I have a very large safe that needed repair and the serviceman let me see inside the safe door when it was apart. Now I know how to defeat my brand of safe with a simple titaniumn drill bit and about six minutes of time.

Comment

Re: Gun Lock Box Q&A? Modification workshop?

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      so maybe there's a way that we could all get some hands-on time with these and other units? Maybe out in the desert isn't the best place to do that... but perhaps some time during the con itself? Maybe in the Lockpick Village? Just trying to get folks' thoughts on this.
      Shoot time is too short as it is, so I would not spend my time in the desert. I would a attend at LPV, and if you're doing another Bass Pro run to pick up more boxes, I'll chip in time/money.

Comment

Working...
      X