NERF hacking/tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NERF hacking/tuning?

I'm just throwing this out there, but what about a contest for creating the furthest shooting NERF gun possible?
    Obviously stuff like tannerite, gun powder and so on wouldn't be legal to use and not recoloring/painting of the gun, so hotel security won't be an issue.
    Just get a bulk pack of NERF guns, and whichever teams gets the most distance out of their NERF gun gets glory and honor?

Re: NERF hacking/tuning?

that sounds like a decent laugh. my suggestion would be to standardize and normalize the ammo darts. maybe the N-Strike series, which seem to be the latest and most popular ones.

you could even purchase a large supply of them (since they're available in quantity) and require that contestants use your provided standard darts.

bonus idea: basic targets (like hula hoops stood up or hung from strings) at various distances to reward both accuracy as well as range.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

do they have 1913 mounts for these? :)

Comment

Some NERF guns have rails that very similar to picatinny rails, but if the Hardware Hacking village has a mill or there's an open machineshop close by, then it should be solved in a jiffy (or you know, buy rail pieces at a gunsmith/gun store and use JB weld/glue)

Comment

I would be all over this. Choose a standard model gun, all contestants turn one in that's still in-the-box, randomly get a box, set amount of time for modifications, fire supplied ammo, no explosives.

Comment

Working...
          X