Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Art of Deception: Chapter 1 (the removed chapter)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Art of Deception: Chapter 1 (the removed chapter)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kevins...s/chapter1.txt
    Chapter 1
    Kevin's Story
    by Kevin Mitnick

I was reluctant to write this section because I was sure it would sound self-serving. Well, okay,
    it is self-serving. But I've been contacted by literally hundreds of people who want to know
    "who is Kevin Mitnick. "
    For those who don't give a damn, please turn to Chapter 2. For everybody else, here, for what it's
    worth, is nzy story.
    Kevin Speaks
    Some hackers destroy people's files or entire bard drives; they're called crackers or vandals.
    Some novice hackers don't bother learning the technology, but simply download hacker tools to
    break into computer systems; they're called script kiddies. More experienced hackers with pro-
    gramming skills develop hacker programs and post them to the Web and to bulletin board systems.
    And then there are individuals who have no interest in the technology, but use the computer merely
    as a tool to aid them in stealing money, goods, or services.
    Despite the media-created myth of Kevin Mitnick, I'm not a malicious hacker. What I did wasn't
    even against the law when I began, but became a crime after new legislation was passed. I continued
    anyway, and was caught. My treatment by the federal government was based not on the crimes, but
    on making an example of me. I did not deserve to be treated like a terrorist or violent criminal:
    Having my residence searched with a blank search warrant; being thrown into solitary for
    months; denied the fundamental Constitutional rights guaranteed to anyone accused of a
    crime; being denied not only bail but a bail hearing; and being forced to spend years fighting to
    obtain the government's evidence so my courtappointed attorney could prepare my defense.

... continued in text file...
    Attached Files

Yea, gotta beware of those bard drives..... :D

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Yea, gotta beware of those bard drives..... :D
      you can find the edited/cleaned up version here:
      http://www.labmistress.com/content/p...rder=0&thold=0

also you can read about the trip we took to the mitnick book signing here:
      http://www.irvineunderground.org/kev...ck-sd-11-2002/

Comment

I am jealous... looks like it was a fun time
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Like all good life stories...

Whens the movie going to be out?

Comment

Re: Like all good life stories...

Originally posted by Veovis
            Whens the movie going to be out?
            kevin was going to sign the deal last thurs. but couldn't because the guy wiyh the contracts only had a mechanical pen. (the "click in - click out" kind). i think the judge said he couldn't use those because he might be able to use the internal spring to jimmy open the lock on an ATM machine.....
            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Actually Kevin didn't want me to tell you this but the internal spring is a perfect 2800GHz yagi, the ink can be used as a conductor to draw out a circuit board, and the mechanical pen barrel works as a mini pringles can.

VERY serious stuff, those mechanical pens.

Comment

wow, the only thing i can do with my mechanical pen is insert it 4 inches into my sinus....

he's my hero....
                the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                  wow, the only thing i can do with my mechanical pen is insert it 4 inches into my sinus....
                  dude, the first time i read it I could have swore it said anus... I had to re-read it.

Comment

you're a sick sad man..... :(

:D
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Do that at Defcon and I'll get you the t-shirt of your choice. :-)

Comment

Do that at Defcon and I'll get you the t-shirt of your choice. :-)
                        NO!... please don't do that and I will get you a bawls ;)

Comment

Do it with the bawls and I'll get you 2 t-shirts.

Comment

Do it with the bawls and I'll get you 2 t-shirts.
                            yeah do it with bawls and astcell will give you 2 t-shirts ;)

Comment

Oh we weren't talking about you BW?

Comment

Working...
                              X