Car On-Star Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car On-Star Systems

I just heard a commercial on the radio about the on-star systems cabilities and they all seems ok until I heard that the on-star operator can remotely unlock the car............I dont know the specifics but it sounded interesting.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

on-star is just a cell phone with a one button speed dial to an on-star operator built into the car. the remote open feature would be built into the phone so the operator could open it with a button. there's not much of a trick to it. the only trick i see is if you could get the on-stars incoming phone number. then you could play with the locks.....
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Hmmm, maybe it's like an apartment complex lock, you just hit #7 on your phone to unlock the doors? Find out the codes then phone people on their Onstar systems and play with their doors. Hmm.

Comment

that's what i thaught....
        plus, it might be hooked up to more than the locks...
        because of the car speaker use you would probably have a limited access to the radio controls too.....
        the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

I am trying to find a car and play with the on-star system.....but so far no takers......guess they dont want me taking thingys apart.
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

On*Star

On*Star works over standard AMPS cellular. This was a) the only way GM could even remotely guarantee that it would work pretty much everywhere, and b) cheap, proven technology.

In any event... If you really wanted to know what On*Star was up to, the easiest thing to do would be use a scanner (or suitable substitute, like an Oki 900) to capture the session between the car and the On*Star operator.

I'm willing to bet that GM didn't deviate from the AMPS spec and move signalling to the vehicle out-of-band, but rather just filtered it. As long as your scanner was filterless, you should be able to run any data portion through wave analysis and find out what's going on.

Of course, this is mostly supposition.

Comment

see, i was right!
              the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Re: On*Star

Originally posted by skroo

Of course, this is mostly supposition.
                It kinda felt like a suppository.

Comment

Working...