WWWD3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWWD3?

I finally got all my stuff together and I was wondering if a World Wide Wardrive 3 is going to happen? I am hoping to hit up the sacramento and surrounding area if a WWWD3 is gonna happen.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Yes. I posted this yesterday on the WarDriving mailing list:

Just a heads up for those that are interested...I am looking at WWWD3 for
    sometime after the winter is over. I don't want the WWWD to be something
    that is done every week. In retrospect, I think the first two were too
    close together, but Blackwave, Render, and I wanted to do it before the
    rough weather set in.

I will get with them sometime after the first of the year and figure out
    good dates for WWWD3 and will let everyone know as soon as we do.

Chris
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Ithink ill participate i'll just go wardriving with war0ps with laptop and card and cofee can amplifyer

Comment

I'll run the same old route as last time but with Kismet on a Toughbook next time, see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          I'll run the same old route as last time but with Kismet on a Toughbook next time, see if that makes a difference.
          That is good man. I am actually hoping for a lot of route re-runs this time through. I want to see the statistical changes.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Our twin cities are sporting WEP numbers of around 50% since WWWD2. Recently much ado has been made about wireless security and I am very curious to see how the tide swings by next Spring.

I plan to re-run a couple routes, and shoot through a bunch of untouched territory.

As a sidenote to interested parties, I have had a change of heart, to some extent. I have decided that I will be submitting my findings to Chris for the next drive for the stats value, as I believe the cause of the effort is just and very worthwhile. I will not be accepting any press requests, nor will I be organizing or participating in a group effort for the state... just a solo inclusion
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Hey can anyone sew?

I want a Kermit the Frog but instead of green I want him to be penguin black and white.

Kismet the frog. :D

Comment

Oh wow, I want one too. You think one of these geeky sites would have something like that already... but I couldn't find my Unix Time digital watch either. I want to know that it's currently 1039214064 dammit!

Comment

I look forward to participating. I do feel also that the two other world war drives where a bit close together, after the first one I went out and bought my stuff but then learned that number 2 was starting so I didnt have time to finalize my driving route. and on another note anyone in the nortern half of cali doing anything?
                  ~:CK:~
                  I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I'll also participate in this, I can get a lot of NE and Iowa/Minnesota covered :-)
                    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." (Stephen Roberts)

Comment

what kind of antenas are used in wardriving besides a coffee can? i dont know what they are called but i wana get a 20 db one and dont remember the name

Comment

Originally posted by jetforce4004
                        what kind of antenas are used in wardriving besides a coffee can? i dont know what they are called but i wana get a 20 db one and dont remember the name
                        you basically have two types:
                        omnidirectional
                        directional (yagi)
                        the cantenna's, pringles, etc are directionals... these are best when narrowing a signal...
                        the omnis are best for getting your general signals...

for more info read here:
                        http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/antheory.html

Comment

Will be fun to see how numbers grow from event to event, there was a huge increase from the 1st to the second. By the next WWWD people who're using MacStumbler to pick up APs will be able to log it because korben made a GPS version and should release it shortly.

Comment

Working...
                          X