segway anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• segway anyone?

Is anyone planning to bring a segway to defcon 11 ?

Here is an article from yesterday's wired magazine mentioning the growing segway club:
    Segway Owners a Small, Happy Club
    http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,56814,00.html

Re: segway anyone?

Originally posted by blackwave
    Is anyone planning to bring a segway to defcon 11 ?

Segway Owners a Small, Happy Club
    http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,56814,00.html
    Hmm... a small, happy club eh? Let's analyze that shall we?

Happy :

Entry: happy
    Function: adjective
    Definition: joyous
    Synonyms: blessed, blest, blissful, blithe, can't complain, captivated, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, content, contented, convivial, delighted, ecstatic, elated, exultant, flying high, gay, glad, gleeful, gratified, hopped up, intoxicated, jolly, joyful, joyous, jubilant, laughing, light, lively, looking good, merry, mirthful, overjoyed, peaceful, peppy, perky, playful, pleasant, pleased, satisfied, sparkling, sunny, thrilled, tickled, tickled pink, up, upbeat
    Concept: happiness
    Source: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
    Copyright © 2002 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Re: segway anyone?

Originally posted by blackwave
      Is anyone planning to bring a segway to defcon 11?
      I saw one of these in early October when I was in Seattle. I thought it was a Ginger (same thing? different version?), and it was zipping along at a pretty good pace. He was probably glad he was across a four lane highway from me, hehe.
      Last edited by mfreeck; December 14, 2002, 09:18.

Comment

this premired on Frasier on NBC last year or so.

i pride myself on my lazyness, but this is a little excessive even for me....
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
          this premired on Frasier on NBC last year or so.

i pride myself on my lazyness, but this is a little excessive even for me....
          Lazier than driving a car <6 blocks to the convenience store?

I think it could be a good substitute for taking the bus short distances. It's lazier than riding a bike, but better than driving your car somewhere. In the city I live in, you really don't need a car, unless you want to get out of town, or don't want to take 2+ hours to go to the far side of town (but it's best to avoid Beaverton and Gresham anyways :D). My question is, if you have a >50lbs of groceries in your backpack, will the gryoscopes get confused when you get pulled backwards a bit by the weight, or how will you stop if you are leaning forward to balance it? ;) There must be an emergency stop button somewhere...

Comment

The big question: Will having one of these make a female want to have sex with its owner?

I think not.

There's better luck using the $ to rent a Porsche, or just hand out the $$$ itself!

Comment

Hmmm.... a Segway, huh? Wonder what fun we could have with that.... Granted, it's not as intimidating as a golf cart....
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                Hmmm.... a Segway, huh? Wonder what fun we could have with that.... Granted, it's not as intimidating as a golf cart....
                it's easier to weld spikes and a battering ram onto a golf cart....

but still, it has potential....
                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

it is around 3 grand, and for the first few batches one has to write an essay to win a chance to buy one for 3 grand... the neatest feature it has stock is the kickstand, since without it, it would just flop over... and surely if someone brings one to dc, it will most probably end up in the pool... segwaying while drunk equals broken walk-lights and a dump in the pool... :)

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to rice-up one of those silly things.....

The police at Atlanta International Airport use those things to scoot about the terminals. They work fine, until the battery dies. Then, if you're not paying attention, the gyros stop and it flops you face first to the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzStewart
                      I'm waiting for someone to rice-up one of those silly things.....
                      One would imagine for that amount of money they would sell them pre-riced.

click here fore more rice

Comment

check out this conceptually riced-out segway
                        Attached Files

Comment

lol thats pretty funny, I love that NOS Canister lol
                          Ya street race with those things = )
                          thats pretty cool

Comment

I could see war-segwaying.........that would get some odd looks. I would love to drive one of those around the Alexis Park, so I could make it to all the talks.:D
                            ~:CK:~
                            I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I could see someone getting to drunk and driving it into the pool.. I am sure it is not the worst thing to end up in the pool..
                              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X