Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nor Cal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nor Cal

    Anyone planning on carpooling from north californian to Defcon?? Please get in contact with me..i plan on attending the next con..
    Last edited by $-|-@R_Br33D; December 19, 2002, 14:30.

  • #2
    NOR-CALI

    I am caught in a pickle, I want to drive cause I got a shiny new antenna, yet I wanna be there quick by flying. I am up in the Santa Rosa area so anyone with info on car pools in the NOR-CAL area feel free to post.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

    Comment


    • #3
      well,lif you decide to drive i could prolly make my way to santa rosa for a pickup.i'd be willing to chip in on gas,food and whatever..keep me posted..and if you cant drive maybe somone else in the area could start up a car pool..

      Comment


      • #4
        I plan to go the Tuesday before and stay until the Tuesday after, consider me advanced recon....

        Comment


        • #5
          would you be coming through nor cal? where would be a good rendevous point just in case?

          Comment


          • #6
            I will be flying I believe, but if I do drive I will either go right form southern CA or go up to Alamo CA first.

            Comment


            • #7
              hmmm..ok,well,if you hear of anyone carpooling to the con through nor cal,please send them my way..

              Comment


              • #8
                We are car pooling from the East Coast. So if you want to come out the the Maryland, DE, NJ, PA area, then feel free. You can hitch a ride.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by highwizard
                  We are car pooling from the East Coast. So if you want to come out the the Maryland, DE, NJ, PA area, then feel free. You can hitch a ride.
                  Damn.. long drive! How much time are you guys setting aside for driving?! The drive is usually more fun if you have a big enough car (rode 11 hours in the backseat of a honda civic one time.. that sucked!) and the right folks to ride with.
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by che
                    Damn.. long drive! How much time are you guys setting aside for driving?! The drive is usually more fun if you have a big enough car (rode 11 hours in the backseat of a honda civic one time.. that sucked!) and the right folks to ride with.

                    The two vehicles we have so far are big. We are leaving with plenty of time to get across the country. Yea, the right are needed when driving long distance. If they are the wrong people, they may end up on the side of the road.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by highwizard
                      The two vehicles we have so far are big. We are leaving with plenty of time to get across the country. Yea, the right are needed when driving long distance. If they are the wrong people, they may end up on the side of the road.
                      I don't think my focus would meet the cut, two people in the front seats and "stuff" in the back i.e. cases of BAWLS, antennas, laptops. Driving seems like fun, and if you are under age to rent a car, you got your own car for the wardrive.
                      ~:CK:~
                      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ck3k
                        I don't think my focus would meet the cut, two people in the front seats and "stuff" in the back i.e. cases of BAWLS, antennas, laptops. Driving seems like fun, and if you are under age to rent a car, you got your own car for the wardrive.

                        I got three in my car already. We decided that one person may have to fly back, that way we can actually buy stuff at DC and transport it home (Or just ship it all). Since we are bring quite a lot there. Either that, or I will be forced out of the Shoot and have to leave my equipment home. And yes I already spoke with all the AG's offices about transporting my class IIIs through their state.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by highwizard
                          The two vehicles we have so far are big. We are leaving with plenty of time to get across the country. Yea, the right are needed when driving long distance. If they are the wrong people, they may end up on the side of the road.
                          One of the guys on the 11 hour roadtrip we took was a total douchebag.. we kept him "medicated" most of the trip.. Made life a LOT easier. We was wanting to leave him at a rest stop, but we decided that was too harsh so we just kept him out of it by slipping him a mickey.. ;)
                          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by che
                            One of the guys on the 11 hour roadtrip we took was a total douchebag.. we kept him "medicated" most of the trip.. Made life a LOT easier. We was wanting to leave him at a rest stop, but we decided that was too harsh so we just kept him out of it by slipping him a mickey.. ;)

                            As long as it's the right kind. You don't want to slip him anything that will make him "goon out" on you.

                            addendum: if you don't understand that term, replace "goon out" for "wigging out"
                            Last edited by highwizard; December 22, 2002, 15:39.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by highwizard
                              You don't want to slip him anything that will make him "goon out" on you.
                              Goon out?? not sure what the above statement means.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X