unbelievable find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unbelievable find!

At this house we are doing some room rearranging so we are looking for boxes. While I was at work my wife and kids decided to look for boxes behind a variety store that happens to be next to the local library. They checked out the dumpsters behind the library and to make a long story short found a copy of Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment by Stevens. You guys know what I'll be reading when I'm smart enough to understand it! :D
    apprentice

Heh..I used to keep a copy of that book on my desk at work so whenever my pointy-haired-boss would start hanging around, I could pick it up and make it look I was doing something very important. Its a nice big book that makes management/sales types flee your office.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Are you sure that was a dumpster and not a programmer's office?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        Are you sure that was a dumpster and not a programmer's office?
        Now we know where BW lives....we keep on finding more and more about him as the days tick by.
        Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
          Now we know where BW lives....we keep on finding more and more about him as the days tick by.
          wtf? How did I get involved in a thread that I hadn't posted in yet?... <twilight zone music here> ... anyhow I reside here: Earth.USA.Southern_California.Orange_County.Irvine , and everyone knows that already :)

Comment

I like that book..hard, but a good book...:)
            BY ACCEPTING THIS BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW, YOU ACCEPT IT AS IS AND AGREE TO MY DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS WELL AS DISCLAIMERS OF ALL LIABILITY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE INSTALLATION OF THIS BRICK INTO YOUR BUILDING.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
              wtf? How did I get involved in a thread that I hadn't posted in yet?... <twilight zone music here> ... anyhow I reside here: Earth.USA.Southern_California.Orange_County.Irvine , and everyone knows that already :)

Sure ya do....

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                I use the shortcut link: Earth.Anus.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
                  Aaahhhhh, Mr. BW I'm REALLY sorry if the wife and kids disturbed you while you were working. Thanks for the book ;)
                  apprentice

Comment

Originally posted by apprentice
                    Aaahhhhh, Mr. BW I'm REALLY sorry if the wife and kids disturbed you while you were working. Thanks for the book ;)
                    Warning: Remember these three words, and declare this out loud before opening the book:" Klaatu, Barada, Nikto "

Comment

And Blackwave, remember to say your three words over and over again: "Owa Tagoo Siam"

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        And Blackwave, remember to say your three words over and over again: "Owa Tagoo Siam"
                        had to google for that one:
                        "Oh, what a goose I am."

Another theory of mine concerning Girl Scouts is that in addition to teaching us how to start a fire, it also turns us into pyromaniacs. I've gone from someone who was terrified of matches to being referred to at a friend's bonfire as "like the biggest pyro" someone knew. The campfire remains perhaps the biggest symbol of a Girl Scout camp experience. Our first day at camp, back when we were but second graders, we hiked to a wooden sign depicting Smokey the Bear. In order to seal our promise to Smokey that we would not start forest fires, we were to kneel down and repeat the magic words told to us by our leaders, "Owa Tagoo Siam", faster and faster until we realized we were saying "Oh, what a goose I am." Back at the fire ring, we learned the story of the little fire spirit and how we had to make a teepee for him out of kindling so that he had a home. Gradually, the fire would grow larger and larger, until it was the right size and temperature for making hot dogs, dump cake, or s'mores. There were countless songs sung around the fire, both silly and serious. Smoke in my eyes and once a burning marshmallow in my hair, I learned to appreciate the fire and what it could do. On a more recent camping trip we called ourselves the fire-women as we gathered wood around the campsite in preparation for our fire that evening. When darkness fell, we fire-women were gathered around our masterpiece, which was a tad bit lopsided, enjoying what had become a deeply rooted tradition. To this day, we continue to be fascinated by the fire and what we can burn in it without it exploding. I shall always know how to start a fire and keep it going, but it will also always intrigue me. I will have a hard time understanding the reasoning of the GSPD if they ever condemn me to cleaning latrines for burning graham crackers.

http://members.aol.com/Amoosing/pearls.html

Comment

I'm stuck on Dummies for Dummies....
                          Generic Signature

Comment

Working...
                          X