email security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email security

I was wondering about the email security of aol and hotmail....how easy is it to break into email accounts???

Re: email security

Originally posted by schnitzl36
    I was wondering about the email security of aol and hotmail....how easy is it to break into email accounts???
    They're notoriously insecure, not to mention spam magnets. If you need a reliable free email account, try hushmail.
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

If you are on a PC where a person was on hotmail with it, you can actually find html files in the Temporary Internet Folders and find the entire web page sitting there!

Comment

temporary folders

so does the passwords for your hotmail account come up in those folders??? what exactly can you see there?

Comment

A word of advice. If you are asking how to hack hotmail, don't.
          .: Grifter :.

Comment

logon to hotmail yourself and then disconect from the net and surf your cookies and temp files, you will be amazed at what you will see. As far as passwords being i there, I never looked, nor do I want to.

Comment

Re: Re: email security

Originally posted by octalpussy
              They're notoriously insecure, not to mention spam magnets. If you need a reliable free email account, try hushmail.
              I love hushmail.. I have quite a few hushmail premium accounts ... though one things that i hate is that some businesses block the domain... they say it is because it is a pr0n spam domain... wtf?

Comment

so will Window Washer get rid of those cookies and temp files or do you have to do it manually? My pc is very slow and it freezes up often....any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzl36
                  so will Window Washer get rid of those cookies and temp files or do you have to do it manually? My pc is very slow and it freezes up often....any suggestions??
                  get a new pc... don't use third party crap, also it is possible that your temp internet cookies are hidden from you... for example go to a site so it will get cached, view the source, notepad will open in the temp internet area (normally hidden from every level of user)...

Comment

I too can attest that hushmail is worth a premium account... which I finally swayed to upgrading to per recommendation by blackwave, actually.

It's easy enough to script up something that will delete all temp files on a pre-determined basis.. I don't understand the use of the third party apps that waste hd space and memory (because many stay running in the background,wtf?)

If you are using AOL and hotmail, "why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?"
                    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Before I logg out of my account I manually delete all of the cookies and the history. Is there another way someone would be able to ccess my info?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
                        Before I logg out of my account I manually delete all of the cookies and the history. Is there another way someone would be able to ccess my info?
                        feel free to be more specific, such as os, browser, type of info.. etc... remote, local... if your box was sitting in my lap i could find what flavor soda you drink.

Comment

I am running mac os 10.1.5. My email provider is netscape. With internet explorer.

Comment

I agree with BW hushmail is the best! If I had a credit card I could get premium. Unfortunatly I dont which means I only get 2mb of space. In regards to hotmail, yahoo, and Aol; I know hotmail isn't the best with no the best security. Next is yahoo which isnt too bad, they use random session ids and you can't click remember me. Yahoo also has the feature of scaning attachments sent with norton antivirus, while I dont know how good that version is yahoo should be good for regular security.I dont know about Aol because I am not going to ever use dial up. If you want real security or are just paranoid go to http://www.hushmail.com and get a account.

Comment

Good FREEWARE cookie cleaner is Clean assistant from eshinesoft.It will take care of those mail cookies.

http://www.eshinesoft.com/download.php#ca

:D

Comment

Working...
                              X