Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON Eleven

Wh00p! Wh00p!

=> DEF CON 11 pages are on-line now and there are several contests announced. As the site redesign progresses look for new pages, updated content, and more specifics. Black Beetle is doing most of the work, and I am trying to get more people involved with running parts of the site.

Also we are re-encoding all past media content (What a job!) to full screen RealMedia 9. I have found the the media files, even when full screen, are about 1/2 the size of our older files. I hope to have DC 10 on-line in less than a month, with all the past content.

Also I'd like to say a quick hello to everyone, and a happy new year. I've been busy lately, but that is no excuse for not hanging out. I hope to be on the forums more often now.

The Dark Tangent
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

DT thanks for all that is defcon :)

Comment

I don't think I'm overextending myself by saying that quite a few are growingly eager for DC11 as early as it still is; especially after the cool atmosphere of the last. Thanks DT
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I'm strangely worked up for DC11 as well..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Dark Tangent, I'm a real newbie here on the forums and I haven't been to Defcon, but I want to thank you for creating and maintaining a con that is affordable. I've followed the goings on from the web site for a couple of years now and I know that the con has been through some rough times.

It looks like I will be going to 11 and I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you for all your work and the work of your friends. It is an honor to reply directly to your post.
          apprentice

Comment

When friends went to DC9, i laughed.

When we got the DCX Scavenger Hunt, i was interested.

When DCX was over, i was hooked.

DCTV here we come.
            #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

DT, great to see you again. I pointed you out to my wife at DCX when you were walking by the pool. She knew that all of what was, was because of you. She thought you should not be waslking, but you should be on one of those elevated thrones with poles through the legs with 4 eunuchs carrying you on their shoulders anywhere you want to go. :)

Comment

Great to see that you're alive, DT, and not off in a mental ward somewhere... I'm sure most of us would be if we tried to pull off half of what you do. Thanks for everything you do for us! I'm really looking forward to another great year!!
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                  I agree wholeheartedly. I am really looking forward to DC11.

I think my main reasoning is the unbelievable success that was DCX. I can honestly say that it was the best Defcon I have ever been to. Mature Attendees, Limited Vandalism, and it seems there was a new found need to learn.

I enjoyed speaking at DCX, and the intelligent questions that came from the crowd. Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to speak again this year. I'll be writing up my CFP summary soon.

I'm also interested in seeing how DT is going to top the DCX badges. Something better than embossed plate metal, does that exist?

Originally posted by astcell
                  DT, great to see you again. I pointed you out to my wife at DCX when you were walking by the pool. She knew that all of what was, was because of you. She thought you should not be waslking, but you should be on one of those elevated thrones with poles through the legs with 4 eunuchs carrying you on their shoulders anywhere you want to go. :)
                  Don't give any ideas!! Damnit!! I swear astcell, If I get my balls cut off and have to carry him around this year, I'm kickin' your ass. :) Hehe, Goonuchs.
                  .: Grifter :.

Comment

I wanated to go to Defcon last year but i heard about it too late. My friend went and came back and by what he said I can't wait for dc11.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                      I
                      Don't give any ideas!! Damnit!! I swear astcell, If I get my balls cut off and have to carry him around this year, I'm kickin' your ass. :) Hehe, Goonuchs.
                      And yet, with this community, somehow I have a sneaking suspicion you could find volunteers...
                      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                        And yet, with this community, somehow I have a sneaking suspicion you could find volunteers...
                        hmmm, does this mean we should have a panel of eunuch hackers? :D

Comment

I think I kinda fell in to the same busy work hell as Dark Tangent, so many projects and work so little time. But Im back yeah. And I'm gonna have to agreee with everyone I am really looking foward to DC11. No matter how many times I've gone to defcon it still makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.
                          There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Just the way I feel....
                            Attached Files
                            Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                              It's the vibe.... we have one again. :-) The whole thing just feels right. Not to mention all the new folks that are getting involved. Kind of makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X