X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warproning?

Wi-Fi takes to the skies
    http://www.theregister.co.uk//content/59/28875.html
    Five Cisco Aironet 350 Series Access Points have been fitted throughout the plane, along with one Cisco 3640 Router and nine Cisco Catalyst 3548 XL Series Switches. The Cisco standard equipment has been modified, tested and certified by Lufthansa to meet civil aviation regulations.
    hmmm... if every airliner starts to support this imagine the anomalies some wardrivers will have on their maps... not to mention airline parking lots getting full with those with questionable intent... hopefully they won't use the aircraft registration number as the SSID.. that would just be super sad.

yes warflying aka warstorming has become more common over time

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
      yes warflying aka warstorming has become more common over time
      Warstorming? ewwww.... that's an awful name!!! Why not War Flushing... or War Felching?

sheesh.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait, let me get this strait. If your flying on a plane you have to turn off your cell phone, your laptop, your pacemaker, EVERTYTHING cause it interferres with the cockpit, yet they throw five 2.4 Ghz transmitters all over the plane. That makes sense.
        Killing threads one post at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyb3RSoldi3R
          Wait, wait, wait, let me get this strait. If your flying on a plane you have to turn off your cell phone, your laptop, your pacemaker, EVERTYTHING cause it interferres with the cockpit, yet they throw five 2.4 Ghz transmitters all over the plane. That makes sense.

Connexion By Boeing has received to go ahead from the US Federal Aviation Administration to use WiFi networks with satellite links aboard planes, after satisfying the authority that the technology is safe.
          if demand is high they'll make anything work out.

Comment

Great, first waryachting, now warstroming. Remind me just to stay safe Pyro to walk to Defcon. Matter of fact I better get going.
            Killing threads one post at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyb3RSoldi3R
              Great, first waryachting, now warstroming. Remind me just to stay safe Pyro to walk to Defcon. Matter of fact I better get going.
              warwalk your way to defcon?

Comment

Thats just damn scary, something tells me these networks won't be as secure as we all would hope or expect either.. just seems like these commercial airlines enjoy being screwed with.
                It's not what you know.
                It's not who you know.
                It is what you know about who you know.

Comment

Warscavenging?

How about a game of Warscavenging? You get to an AP and the SSID says "357ftSE" so maybe you go 357 feet south east and find anther point that says "3rd711" so you find the third 7-11 in the phone book, go there, then at the 7-11 you find another AP called "HardRockRestroom" and so on and so forth....

Of course we'd need a lot of APs to just hang out there.....

Comment

Re: Warscavenging?

Originally posted by astcell
                    How about a game of Warscavenging? You get to an AP and the SSID says "357ftSE" so maybe you go 357 feet south east and find anther point that says "3rd711" so you find the third 7-11 in the phone book, go there, then at the 7-11 you find another AP called "HardRockRestroom" and so on and so forth....

Of course we'd need a lot of APs to just hang out there.....
                    ohhh I like this idea

Comment

I was in one scavenger hunt where one point said "Bill will win the race." What was it a clue for? Sherwin Williams Paint store. Get it? Bill will win = Sure Win William. I imagine we are smart enough for this! If I can get a loan of 20 APs I'll set it up!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome game.. the clues would have to be cryptic and could be tied into other things like info from websites, newspapers, books at the library etc.. anything to add more depth.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                          I was in one scavenger hunt where one point said "Bill will win the race." What was it a clue for? Sherwin Williams Paint store. Get it? Bill will win = Sure Win William. I imagine we are smart enough for this! If I can get a loan of 20 APs I'll set it up!
                          Have you thought about approaching netgear or someone to loan you some AP's?

Comment

Hahaha, do I look trustworthy or something? :D I'll send out some e-mails and see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                            X