Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Wars IV

/gets off his ass and finally registers

The almighty Caffeinated Freak Show is, amazingly enough, going to be in high attendance (that's the plan for now) for DC 11. As such, we're *gasp* getting a plan of attack together further in advance for the Coffee Wars than usual.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a rough idea of who's interested in participating, so we have some idea of the crowd to expect.
    I figure between here and dc-stuff I can get a semi-decent guess.

That, and if you have a question like 'WTF is the Coffee Wars', ask it. I'll even post an answer!

Oh, and, thanks DT & Company for declaring us official this year! /flex. :)

- Rob
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Thrown into a burlap sack, slung over the back of a mule, and then taken back to my kitchen to be burned, crushed, and scalded with hot water.

ok, ill say it...WTF IS THE COFFEE WARS!?
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Im in I've got a pretty tasty brew in mind
      There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I am in as well. And I am fairly sure I will be the victor.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
          I am in as well. And I am fairly sure I will be the victor.
          I take it you have a proper bribe to the judges prepared? :)

Oh, and a brief synopsis of 'WTF is the Coffee Wars' for the uninformed.

We had a plan a few Cons back of a bunch of us towing along good coffee, brewing it up, and having an impromptu best of the best challenge. It turned into the Coffee Wars.

The basics of it is fairly simple. People bring us coffee, we brew it up, enjoy the caffeinated goodness (everyone who participates is also considered a judge for taste-test purposes), and rate it in several categories that we have worked out. Winner gets bragging rights and whatever weird thing we come up with for prizes.

Decaf & Flavored crap gets automatically used as target practice for the Shoot. Other than that, it's fair game. :)
          I like my women like I like my coffee. Thrown into a burlap sack, slung over the back of a mule, and then taken back to my kitchen to be burned, crushed, and scalded with hot water.

Comment

i got some great kona coffee ill bring along...its going to be hard to compete with this stuff...

Comment

You'll be amazed at what you'll have to compete with.
              .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                You'll be amazed at what you'll have to compete with.
                point taken...however this is the best coffee i've ever had, and for what it costs me, it should (better) be one of the top brews

Comment

Piece of advice. If you think you have a true winner, buy a fresh batch the day before you head to the 'con, and if your supplier is a small in-house roasting joint, see if you can get it fresh outta the roaster.

The difference is utterly amazing.

Comment

i have to get it shipped to me from a small company in Kona, Hawaii...so the beans would be a few weeks old, but i still think this could be a winner

Comment

Well, however your brew performs, I'll *always* enjoy a good cup of Kona.

You may have one of the coffees we, ahem, "test" a few times just to make sure. :)

Comment

if you like what you taste, i can give you the business card of the company i order from...

its about $28 a pound, but its great coffee

Comment

I think people would probably like that regardless. You should talk to the place you are buying from and let them know what Coffee Wars is. Ask for promotional stuff. You never know, you just might get some.
                          .: Grifter :.

Comment

I second that.

As a side note, for any interested,

http://www.innkeepers-coffee.com

Local place here in BFE Illinois, they kindly donated some samples for CW 2. Roast their own beans, damned good stuff.

So yeah, it doesn't hurt to ask for samples to bring. I will, of course, gladly display a business card / flyer / whatever of the company in exchange for the donations.

Comment

Re: Coffee Wars IV

Originally posted by Rob
                              /gets off his ass and finally registers

The almighty Caffeinated Freak Show is, amazingly enough, going to be in high attendance (that's the plan for now) for DC 11. As such, we're *gasp* getting a plan of attack together further in advance for the Coffee Wars than usual.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a rough idea of who's interested in participating, so we have some idea of the crowd to expect.
                              I figure between here and dc-stuff I can get a semi-decent guess.

That, and if you have a question like 'WTF is the Coffee Wars', ask it. I'll even post an answer!

Oh, and, thanks DT & Company for declaring us official this year! /flex. :)

- Rob
                              Hi Rob,

I've been talking to DT about getting your table space arranged for this year. If you have any specific questions, you're more than welcome to ask myself or Roamer. I'll let you know for sure once the fallout is over and we see where all the tables stand this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X