No announcement yet.

Crypto Software (email/web/irc) for the everyday person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 503mb of data on my 512mb usb key, I plugged it in to a W2K machine and it asks "Drive E: is not formatted. Format now?"

THAT SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrophite
      thanks bw, wondering if i should save up for a gig, or just go grab a 256.. What apps do u keep on your drive, what programs can you not leave home w/ out. Or do u just keep data like ns files, maps etc?
      it depends, but normally password lists, data i am interested in, stuff that is too big for a floppy... it is nice since most things out there have USB and don't require anything extra that isn't already built in... I would suggest trying a small one out that way you dont' spend a grip on something that you think may suck..

Comment

sizes

I just got a cheapy 32MB model from Fry's for $30. All I have on it right now is passwordsafe (the excutables), the password data, and a few files that I don't want sitting around. The biggest thing is to TAKE IT WITH YOU. And I try to not leave it plugged in unless I actively need the data on it.

Of course with my luck, Windows probably cache's all the data on there as a "feature", heh heh

Kallahar
        --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          I had 503mb of data on my 512mb usb key, I plugged it in to a W2K machine and it asks "Drive E: is not formatted. Format now?"

THAT SUCKS!
          Bah, I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to partition my drive to swap over stuff from linux to windoz. Thing said I had to format. Took 2 seconds to fix but I was pissed.
          Killing threads one post at a time...

Comment

Re: sizes

Originally posted by kallahar
            I just got a cheapy 32MB model from Fry's for $30. All I have on it right now is passwordsafe (the excutables), the password data, and a few files that I don't want sitting around. The biggest thing is to TAKE IT WITH YOU. And I try to not leave it plugged in unless I actively need the data on it.

Of course with my luck, Windows probably cache's all the data on there as a "feature", heh heh

Kallahar
            thats a pretty good price for a 32 meg, do u happen to know how much there 128 or 256 mb models where? and what brand it was?

Comment

thats a pretty good price for a 32 meg, do u happen to know how much there 128 or 256 mb models where? and what brand it was?
              Fry's trip again Pyro? :D
              Killing threads one post at a time...

Comment

butterfly

It's made by Butterfly Media, it's just the cheapy they have on display. I think they had bigger models following the $1/meg pricing.

You really can store a lot in 32 megs if you don't put video, audio, and full programs on there :)

Kallahar
                --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Has anyone used these
                  before? They are cheap ($30 for 64MB on newegg), and are suposed to work well with linux. Anyone have any horror stories to tell?
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Working...
                  X