Grifters Defcon Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grifters Defcon Shirts

I was moving part of a thread and screwed it up. So this will be ugly, but it will get the point across.

Originally posted by che
    It would be a good idea to get them early and often... they can go fast. I fucked up last year and did not buy one of Grifter's shirts.
    Originally posted by blackwave
    yeah you weren't the only one to drop the ball, I turned around for a few minutes and bam... all gone :) :)
    Originally posted by che
    I don't guess there will be reprints?
    Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    out of all the shirts I got from the con, Grifter's shirt held out the best once it hit the washer. Half of them shrank beyond wearability, half of them mushroomed out at the bottom, and Grifter's DC shirt fits perfectly
    Originally posted by octalpussy
    So I'm not the only one kicking myself over that?

Boy do I feel stupid...
    Originally posted by che
    Nope, you are not alone.. I totally fucked off and
    waited too late. Not this year! (Not to mention I would buy a re-print of last year too.. hint, hint!)
    If people are interested I will print a small run of last years shirts. I know a lot of people missed out.

Also, I had heard grumbling about the design this year being too similar to the year previous due to the year crossing through the word "Defcon". But then there were others that felt like they were "collecting" my shirts. What do you think?
    .: Grifter :.

Re: Grifters Defcon Shirts

Originally posted by Grifter

If people are interested I will print a small run of last years shirts. I know a lot of people missed out.
    That would kick ass. Be sure to beat me upside the head when you're setting up so I get one this time. ;-)

Also, I had heard grumbling about the design this year being too similar to the year previous due to the year crossing through the word "Defcon". But then there were others that felt like they were "collecting" my shirts. What do you think?
    Similar or not, your designs are usually far cooler than anything else out there. Do what you want... we'll buy it.
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

When I go to defcon I almost instantly expect to come back with my yearly wardrobe. (seriously folks, that is about 95%of my daily wear) I collect defcon shirts (and probably have the most defcon shirts out of anyone out there:D), though now I only purchase black ones. If a shirt kicks ass, it will one way or another become mine during the con.

I am not into buying my defcon shirts online though, I want to be there when I pick choose it and have the whole defcon experience surround me. :) It is certainly worth it!!!

Grifter perhaps having some type of pre-reserve for your shirts would be a good idea... if not, just hold a couple for me :D

Comment

For those who don't understand the similarity I was talking about, here are the designs...

Defcon 9: http://www.rootcompromise.org/various/defcon9.jpg

Defcon 10: http://www.rootcompromise.org/various/defcon10.jpg

Comment

GRIFTER!! Those are GREAT!! I would buy both in a heart beat! My ethics would have a hard time letting me buy them since I wasn't at the cons they are specific to but I think I could get away with it just this once. If you don't do a re print thats ok but I most deffinately need to get this years t!
          apprentice

Comment

I like the design. With the year running through the "O" in DefCon. Different variations on the same concept could turn the shirts into a sort of DefCon trading card.

In their old age, DefCon zealots will be sitting on their porches, comparing dentures and trading Grifter's shirts.

"Hey, do you have the one from DC9?"

"Yeah, I'll trade you for your DC11."
            "These last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life." -Goliath, "The Matrix Comics"

Comment

I really like the designs, and it is kinda fitting that I am wearing the dcX one currently. I cant wait for 11....:D Keeping the shirt the same design would be kool, it would be some type of tradition.
              ~:CK:~
              I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

really like the designs...if i remember correctly technoweenie printed up some shirts with a similar design on the back for Defcon 8...if you make up some re-prints from last year, i'll buy one...
                Last edited by GodMinusOne; January 21, 2003, 12:11.
                You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne
                  really like the designs...if i remember correctly technoweenie printed up some shirts with a similar design on the back for Defcon 8...if you make up some re-prints from last year, i'll buy one...
                  yeah, The guy that did the dc8 design for TW did my design for dc9. But he flipped out when I wouldn't pay him over 1200 bucks for the design and said I was ripping him off like TW did. Or some shit. I don't want to get into it. So I took care of DCX myself.

TW likes to remind me every year that he had a design that was similar. I guess i'll be hearing it again at dc11.

Comment

Re: Grifters Defcon Shirts

I'm in. Black, 2XLT.

I missed out on several shirts (ended up getting more for friends than myself).

Al
                    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                      When I go to defcon I almost instantly expect to come back with my yearly wardrobe. (seriously folks, that is about 95%of my daily wear) I collect defcon shirts (and probably have the most defcon shirts out of anyone out there:D), though now I only purchase black ones. If a shirt kicks ass, it will one way or another become mine during the con.

I am not into buying my defcon shirts online though, I want to be there when I pick choose it and have the whole defcon experience surround me. :) It is certainly worth it!!!

Grifter perhaps having some type of pre-reserve for your shirts would be a good idea... if not, just hold a couple for me :D
                      so about how many shirts did u actually buy at dc x, i got 2 of grifter's and a couple others.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrophite
                        so about how many shirts did u actually buy at dc x, i got 2 of grifter's and a couple others.
                        I got most of the new ones floating around, more specifically I recall these:
                        "dc0a homeland" Jinx shirt
                        the DOC DCX shirt
                        "will hack for sex"
                        "i may not agree... fight to the death... encrypt it"

umm... that is all i can specifically remember without looking at them... though usually 300$USD goes towards new shirts, or updated favorite shirts... I don't buy clothing elsewhere(except hot topic and ipso facto), so I have to get shirts at defcon :)

Comment

Grifter, how much are you going to let the go for?

I want to pick up about 5 shirts this trip.

->Kryptik
                          Aight, so if I were to hit the space bar 1500 times a minute would it allow me to hack the pentagon..?

What if I were to it 2000 times?

Comment

$20

The standard Defcon T-shirt price.

Comment

Put me in for one.. hell, I will be another DC9 if you were to reprint those as well. Alas, mine has finally started to fade into oblivion... :(
                              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X