WiFi Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi Software

Sorry for such a newb question but I'm new to the wardriving thing, is there any software that allows you to not just scan AP's but that the software retreives an IP from them and allows you to hop from network to network seemlessly giving you net access? I hope you can understand the concept cause that's the best way i can think to describe it.
    Killing threads one post at a time...

hmmmm... it sounds like the perfect tool for a script kiddie (since they are the only ones that ask for it)... I will make sure it never gets out there :)

... though here are the lame answers you will get:
    XP
    HP's WCM

Comment

So basically there is no actual software developed for an Orinoco. I wanted to se if it existed before resorting to scripts. Thx though.

Comment

Orinoco has designed a nifty client for connecting to APs. Just ask the admin of that network for the information you need and you can connect right up without scripts or homegrown software
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

OK, let me try and explain the concept again for you con. A software that allows you to hop networks and gain internet access while moving. basically take the example of if your driving and talking on a cell on the freeway. Your hoping along the cell phone towers to allow your call to go through. I'm trying to find or, most likely will resort in doing is create a program that will seemlessly switch among AP's to keep a internet connection going. TADA, I finally described right. :)

Comment

ok i think that, in windows, most drivers will try to renew your ip address when they connect to a new network. it's been I while for me, but I think netstumbler also does the same thing.

--simple3

Comment

we really got the idea the first time... you see the flaw in that is that unless you live in a wifi world where you are allowed to roam freely on any network you are near and can detect... IT IS UNAUTHORIZED... ... and we were trying to give you a few hints that you were certainly not describing that type of activity on this forum... because that would just be stupid... i mean really fucking stupid...

Comment

and illegal ... and stupid ...
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

gotcha

Comment

Working...
                  X