This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All points East of Vegas

I have finally begun planning the drive out to Vegas, and will be adding details as I continue to hash them out.

http://caravan.lostboxen.net

Also, I know HighWizard has a site in the works. Hopefully we can merged the plans into one... HW, could you post up linkage if/when it's ready? I keep losing that damned thing
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Re: All points East of Vegas

Originally posted by c0nv3r9
    I have finally begun planning the drive out to Vegas, and will be adding details as I continue to hash them out.

http://caravan.lostboxen.net

Also, I know HighWizard has a site in the works. Hopefully we can merged the plans into one... HW, could you post up linkage if/when it's ready? I keep losing that damned thing
    Wed. Feb 12th, the ECDC (East Coast DefCon) site, goes fully active.

Comment

take me take me. if i dont fly.

Comment

Fused: this may be of some interest to you

http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1178

This is the night most stuff regarding the caravan will be hashed out. For those interested in the eastern caravan, if you do not participate in the chat, you will be subject to the decisions made that night if you still wish to hop in at one of the designated meetups.

If you strictly are looking for a hitch along the way, you will be more interested in the results of that night, as talk of meetup points and travel plans will be more clear... but are welcome to attend and give input if you are serious about making the road trip.

Comment

ok i will try to be there. i have class on monday nights. wed. is my free day but i can try to be there.

Comment

All Points East? Does that make this the APE drive?

Comment

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a secert. that would be fun though.

Comment

Site Updated: http://caravan.lostboxen.net

Now contains:
                ) Updated info
                ) Downloadable MapPoint2k3 or GIF of tentative route / daily breakpoints

If so desired, email me a general starting point, the route to us, and the point of meetup and you can be added to the map. (ie. those with mp2k3 may notice my point starts on a bridge in a nearby town)

In more general aspects, the caravan will remain partially tentative in relation the those who are 'known' to be participating (giving a little flexibilty to things). So, if you want to participate it is important that you let us know of (at minimum) your meetup intentions...

== c0nv3r9@hushmail.com

Comment

Damn, looks like the caravan is going right through my hometown. I guess it's about time for me to request the time off and start saving up some fundage :)

Comment

Just wanted to post out a quick clarification to the map/plans. The said "50mph" is NOT the rate I plan on travelling at. I plan on driving as fast as highways, roads, etc will legally permit.

The 50mph is just a convservative baseline for planning stop points and reasonable arrivals.. including brief stop times for gas, food and whatnot. This does not include time for sightseeing or lengthy meetup feelgood sessions. Those will become available as we reach or perceive daily goals ahead of time; or on the return trip(s).

Comment

Well shit

You ppl will be stopping right on top of me at one point, so I guess I should get my ass in gear and go this year, eh?
                      -Cronus

Comment

site update on http://caravan.lostboxen.net

Added:
                        - booking information for the hotels that I will be making overnight stops at
                        - location plotting of these hotel stops

Comment

east coast

im in enfield, CT, its right by springfield which it appears yoru stopping in, theres two of us, im not the richest person around, and have never been to defcon because of these reasons (been to hope, its right there, but h2k/k2 SUCKED) would there be room to pick 2 people up if we pitch in money? let me know if anybody can make room for 2 people and what you want in return, email addy to reply to, yanno the deal. let me know i really want to make it out there this year =[

Comment

Got your email, but am losing power really soon for a while. Will think it through and reply to email when it comes back.

Comment

last call... i can't say I'll be around much in the month leading up to defcon and want to get all planning finalized. Please email if you intend to meet up

Comment

Working...
                              X