Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closed mode sniffing

Hi,

In a closed mode. Which tools can be used to sniff probe requests and responses from another associated station?

What is closed mode?

--simple3

Comment

Is closed mode when you close all your ports so ALL TRAFFIC IS BLOCKED, IN AND OUT, making it impossible to do anything? If that is what your refering to then think about it logically, no traffic yet you want to access the net...
      Killing threads one post at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by simple3
        What is closed mode?

--simple3
        <sigh> Google is your friend
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Re: closed mode sniffing

Originally posted by jetcyc
          Hi,

In a closed mode. Which tools can be used to sniff probe requests and responses from another associated station?
          <sigh> Google is also your friend.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

sorry, i didn't search google before posting

'Closed mode' usually means that the beacon frames are still broadcast, but the SSID element of them is hidden (zeroed or removed; I haven't checked that). In addition, the AP might not send probe responses to probe requests that do not have the correct SSID
            I haven't heard this called closed mode before.

on a side note- after searching google and it not returning anything obviously useful, has anyone else noticed a downfall in the usefulness of google lately? it seems to not return the same level of useful results at the top of your search. I no longer "feel lucky" when I google.

--simple3

Comment

Good info.

I also agree that Google seems to be less effective, but i'm loathe to go anywhere else...
              #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Working...
              X