Subscribers (2)

Container Module

Collapse

Latest Comments

Collapse

• AgentDarkApple
    Reply to Rambling On
    by AgentDarkApple
    That'd be great. The Army paid for $6000 of mine since my husband is in and because IT security is a "portable job that is beneficial to the military and the federal government". Starting in February I'll have to pay for all my classes if I can't get some aid. I'm not eligible for a Pell grant,...
    November 19th, 2009, 14:07
  • g3k_
    Reply to Rambling On
    by g3k_
    Thanks for that, sadly, because of my stint at community college, they wouldn't go anywhere near me.

I'm gathering some information about grants and such. I'll compile a list on my blog in a future date so that others in similar situations can get some info because it is few and far be...
    November 19th, 2009, 12:31
  • AgentDarkApple
    Reply to Rambling On
    by AgentDarkApple
    Here is something that may help you if you're willing to go to school, just not on your $ http://smart.asee.org/. I will likely be done with my bachelor's before the award is given out, but I may apply for it to help with my Master's later.
    November 19th, 2009, 09:25
  • g3k_
    Reply to Rambling On
    by g3k_
    So I think I found a hack for my training. Will report back if what I read was correct. This would be epic for those never gone to school, but work won't pay for training, but they will pay for tuition to school
    November 19th, 2009, 07:08
  • g3k_
    Reply to Rambling On
    by g3k_
    That was actually a question asked at the meet the Feds panel this year at Defcon. I didn't attend, but I downloaded the audio for it. It's a bit rediculous that they aren't gonna be changing that stuff around. Times have changed and the GS schedule needs to change as well. As a civilian applying for...
    November 18th, 2009, 22:28
  • AgentDarkApple
    Reply to Rambling On
    by AgentDarkApple
    Haha I was actually on the SANS site earlier looking at some of their Master's course stuff. It looked good until I saw the prices...eek!

I agree that getting to know people is probably the best option to land a good starting spot. The only reason I am big on wanting to get a Master's and...
    November 18th, 2009, 15:28
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
There are no conversations in this channel.
Show More

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
  • Subscribed
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by g3k_, November 9th, 2009, 07:15
12 responses
0 likes
Last Post AgentDarkApple  
Started by g3k_, April 5th, 2009, 18:59
3 responses