Faced with Botnets in the > 100,000 unit range, the backyard supercomputer seemed, well... superfluous- so having benchmarked the processing power of my own bot net of 500,000 computers as making the latest NSA jobbie a joke... excuse me, I have to get the door... oh, its the FBI, that was quick,,,
[2 hours of rubber hose interrogation later]
-To keep from fainting, keep repeating, "Its only a movie, its only a movie."

Well lets face it, in the annals (maybe it should only have one n?) of history, never has so much power been clustered in the hands of the criminally stupid! I mean really! If I had 100,000 processors spare, I could think of a jazillion more profitable things to do with them than SPAM!!!!!!!!
But there you go, a little knowledge is dangerous, and maybe they are the same people that populate craigslist with badly misspelled (it has fore new tiers) classifieds.
As I lurk in the dark corners of the web at hours approaching dawn, I stumble (literally, you don't think I'm actually sober at that time of night... duh) upon a riot of articles by inconsistent, self-absorbed, shamelessly self promoting idiots. Although, sometimes I also read stuff I HAVEN'T written myself.
It is these latter exceptions to my number one rule: If you don't blow your own horn, what are the chances you'll be able to talk someone else into doing it fore you. (Sorry, I got lazy and pasted that from a CL ad) that have perspired my change in subject.
BE AFRAID...
As soon as I get my botnet back from whichever 3 letter agency is currently shagging it, I will break the best AES has to offer and flog all the secrets of whomever dares disparage my pithy prose to the highest bidder (Think the Russians won't pay big bucks for your "man on man fisting" habits,,, well, your probably right, but THE MALAYSIANS WILL! - they pay for those kind of site links, but that's kinda off-topic)
Blithely I stumble (I told you so() back to the original thread, squinting mightily against the effects of way to much HQ (That;s Hose Cuervo for the acronymically ((sic) as in you heard it here first folks) challenged)
YES THAT"S RIGHT, UH HUH - A TRIPLE PARENTHESIS! ALGEBRAIC ENGLISH- MULTIPLE QUADRATICS- THE STUFF AES WISHES IT WAS MADE OF!
There's a rap in there somewhere, if I could just write an algorithm to extract it I could be a Rock Star!
So, to recap:
The...
WRITE THIS DOWN DAMMIT!
THERE"LL BE A QUIZ>>>
OH NO YOU DIDN"T!!!!!
The BYSC Project (Do your acronym homework DAMMIT!!) got eaten by a low level botnet and what was excreted out of the back end (get your mind OUT of the gutter!) is the new "SECURITY RANT"
I will be making vain attempts ( what????? its 4AM) at pillorying all the so called experts (If you don't know the unknown drip under pressure thing, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to skewer you with a scathing reply that both answers your question and undermines your [wo]manhood-I'm an equal opportunity offender-hmmm "we are hanging here..."
If you don't get that, GO READ TIME MAGAZINE!!!!
OK, (softens) don't feel bad, I just interviewed with one of the nation's top security consulting firms, and the "screener" didn't even know what AES was...
Recent headline: "Chinese Government may be behind breakins into Obama and McCain Computer Systems"
You think...
Its not a war, its a rout!
Hence the change in subject matter;
I've been launching incisive (IMHO) surgical strikes against mediocrity all these years and leaving the box labeled "link to my blog" empty.
OK so I'm slow on the uptake, back off or I'll sic the bot net on you as soon as I pry it free from the dead hands of the USG
Hold on, FBI at the door again...
If the sun weren't (insert Douglas Adam's witticism of choice here) I would go on, but there is so much grist for the mill and not enough hours of darkness to write about it, that you will have to wait with baited breath (Who the hell sticks a hook full of salmon eggs in their mouth anyway??) for the next installment of...DUH DUH, DUH DUH, DUH,DUH
(The "Jaws" theme MORON!)
THE SECURITY RANT