frigging ASSHATS

Originally posted by TimeWarner CEO
In the case of Time Warner Cable, customers will be charged from $29.95 to $54.90 a month, based on data consumption and desired connection speed. Customers will be charged $1 for each gigabyte (GB) over their plan's cap. Time Warner Cable offers four cap levels of 5, 10, 20, and 40 GB. A download of a high-definition movie typically eats up about 8 GB. A recent report from Sanford C. Bernstein suggests that a family on the 40 GB plan that streams 7.25 hours of online video a week (a fraction of the 60 hours Americans spend watching TV in a week) could end up spending $200 per month on broadband usage fees. And that's just for video viewing, before factoring in such Internet activities as music downloads and photo sharing. "To put it mildly," says Bernstein analyst Craig Moffett, "the decision to limit data consumption can be expected to have profound implications for [consumer] behavior."

So I was just blogging a minute ago about people disabling SELINUX and how that bugs me, but this...this is just unbelievable!!!

40 Gb a month? really?

Is this just the start of an onslaught of the major telcom companies 'sticking' it to their customers?

If you're like me and only have one high speed internet option (f'ing time warner cable) you should be afraid

be very afraid