Thats right, you heard me. Swine flu is going to kill every man, woman, and child on the planet. Just like SARS and avian flu did. Hell, who am I even posting this too, you're all dead. I'm like Will Smith in "I am Legend" except I'm white, better armed, and have two cats instead of a dog.

In all seriousness, I'm very disturbed (but not surprised) by the way the media is handling this. Words like 'pandemic' are being used, comparisons are being made to the 1918 Spanish Flu, etc. All this is doing is scaring people. I've been reading the reader comments posted to these stories as they are a good way of seeing what Joe American is thinking. For every one 'Fuck you Fox/MSNBC/CNN, quit scaring people' theres several 'I'm afraid to leave my house, I dont want to die' posts.

Folks, I'm an emergency first responder. I've had training for things like biological events. Let me tell you, this is no more scary than any other flu. 36,000 people in the US died from the flu last year. Many of them children and the elderly. People in this country have died from the flu already this year. While cases of swine flu are increasing, the only death so far (and its still unconfirmed as of this writing) from it is a small child. This is not a raging epidemic. The military wont be cordoning off towns and putting people in shelter. Yes, the president of Mexico declared martial law, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the flu was only the justification for it..as a prominent Obama cabinet member once said 'never let a good crisis go to waste'.

Here's what you need to do to fight the swine flu. Wash your hands regularly. Cover your mouth when you cough. When you are sick, stay at home so you dont get others sick. Now, here's the tricky part, do this all the time and not just when the media is trying to scare you.