Registration has been active for a little over two days, and already roughly half of the spots are filled up.

I am also shocked at the number of people working on and solving the registration challenge (which honestly isn't that tough!) and then saying they don't want to compete, just wanted to break the initial challenge. COOL!

Russ and I are finalizing the parts kits for our Hardware Hacking Village kits that will be for sale in the vendor area...some great stuff! (So you know how to solder, but you've never soldered surface mount parts before? Get our kit this year! SMT FTW!)

I haven't heard much more on the Defcon 101 talks...supposedly I'm presenting ;)

I also have not heard back if I will be one of the guests on the 10,000 Canadian Cent Pyramid- I was shocked to be asked, I don't really consider myself a "Defcon Celeb"- I'm just a geek with a soldering iron who can do math....

It will be interesting to see how the economy effects people going to conferences....Compared to other CONs Defcon is relatively cheap, so I hope the numbers aren't down much-

I'm having Mystery Challenge stickers made this year, I haven't decided if I'll sell them (really only to recoup the cost of manufacture) or just give them away... I wonder how many people would tag their laptop with Mystery Challenge anyway...

I'll take the box Kuni....

1o57