I swear, the oddest thing really...for weeks there was nothing and then suddenly in the span of two weeks there were 20 e-mails and phone calls from various recruiters or companies I had sent a resume to. Between phone calls and in person I think I interviewed at 5 places before I got a call from a long time friend who has landed at a VAR. He and I had talked about me "joining the dark side" and working in the "retail" side of IT in the past and I have a great deal of respect for him so the decision was a no brainer. It seemed like a good time for me to change sides I guess. I suppose I really haven't been happy in the role of internal security advocate (for lack of a better term) for quite some time.

I really do think I'm going to enjoy travelling more and getting to talk with engineers and administrators at companies all around the US. Lots of training in the latest, greatest bleeding edge tech, lots of fun "hacks" to make that latest and greatest tech work they way it was sold (not always the way it was intended).

Of course, this is really going to cut into my tanning time on the beach...