Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Email?

Hi,

Recently I seem to be missing a lot of e-mail. Rather, I'm not getting mail that is being sent to me. There is no particular timeframe or pattern as to what mail I do or do not receive; everything seems pretty random. I began discovering this when other people on the send/cc list would receive an e-mail while I was left in the dark. What might be the causes of this, and what are options I have to resolve the issue?

For reference purposes, this email address I'm talking about is issued with my ISP, I use Outlook Express 6.0, and do not currently use any sort of encryption (PGP?) with regard to sending/receiving emails.

Thanks

In all likelihood it is either a queue issue or a filter issue with your ISP. I would contact them and find out if the mail server queue is backed up. If not, ask them about their filtering and reference specific email that you aren't recieving. They should be able to search their maillogs to find out if the email was rejected for some reason.

The other possibility is the sender is having DNS issues with your particular ISP. I had a situation in the past where a mailing list that I was on had old DNS records for my email address and so it was not being sent to me.

Hope that helps.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

In less likelihood you are being watched by several governments. You have been receiving altered emails, and now they just can't keep up, so instead of altering them they are just flat out deleting them... sometimes ones that really shouldn't matter, but better be safe than sorry...

my advice, run while you still can.

Comment

lol...

Thanks chris. Lets hope they reply for once.

Comment

Originally posted by epog
          lol...

Thanks chris. Lets hope they reply for once.
          wait, you arn't recieving e-mails, so you sent an e-mail to your isp and are waiting for them to e-mail you back?!
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

That would be dumb, wouldn't it?

I'm using my other possibly-overlooked-by-the-government-but-still-working email accounts.

Comment

Perhaps someones knows your password and is checking the mail for you....and maybe they aren't leaving the messages on the server. I would change my password just in case.....Just a thought.
              Where's the dedication?

Comment

This thread was split and the garbage was sent to /dev/null. Notice this is the Technical Area of the forums. Please at least TRY to keep shit on topic. If you want to continue the bullshitting from this thread please do so here
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Are you on a network? Behind a firewall? Have you recently changed ISPs?
                  I agree it sounds more like a DNS issue. If you have recently changed ISPs or are behind a firewall it might be a dead NAT file causing the disruption. If you are not on a network but still do not have a firewall and some basic IDS (i.e BlackIce) then I would get some!
                  You may also want to check if your ISP (or your domain name if applicable) is listed on a Black hole list.

Comment

I've got something to add...

I think blackwave is right (kinda' paranoid but just crazy enough to be true...)....like...duuhhh
                    Just change your mailsrver...use something like mail.ru..or something
                    BY ACCEPTING THIS BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW, YOU ACCEPT IT AS IS AND AGREE TO MY DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS WELL AS DISCLAIMERS OF ALL LIABILITY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE INSTALLATION OF THIS BRICK INTO YOUR BUILDING.

Comment

Working...
                    X