SoCal Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal Air

for all you SoCal kiddies thinking of flying....

JetBlue
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Bah.

OK, for anyone considering flying to Vegas from L.A., let me point out a few things:

1) Unless you're close to the airport, figure it'll take you at least an hour to get there.

2) With all of the 'security' bullshit the TSA is enforcing these days, plan on being at the airport 90 minutes before your flight.

3) 45 minutes in the air.

4) Another 30 minutes on the ground, minimum.

So that's three hours and forty-five minutes so far - and this isn't taking into account the hassles of trying to move gear, etc. via an airplane, parking at the airport (or using SuperShuttle or similar), and dealing with the airport in general. Vegas is only a four-hour drive from LA, and I've found it's way easier to just drive than try to fool around with flights.

Comment

or you could go out of long beach. (which is where jet blue flys from.)
      the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

i can walk to the long beach air port in 5 minutes.. but i still would rather drive.

Comment

now triangulating your location...........charging frozen argon laser satelite.......
          the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

this is the first year i have considered flying to defcon (and flying at all). only because of the circumstance that i have involved myself in. It would certainly be nice to find something else but it really looks like a flight is the best solution... best meaning time saving, money saving, logic saving... the good part is that i just plan to get to the airport with a couple of laptops and have everything else driven or shipped to vegas... so I don't have to worry about getting things lost due to mishandling and what not... this is all a viewpoint from today, perhaps as it gets closer to defcon an alternate solutions would present itself.

Comment

BW, sounds like you need a U-Haul. Can you get one on your office credit card? :D

Comment

get a jumbo u haul. we can put in some shag carpet, inflatable sofa and chairs, disco ball, and wire a dish to the roof. the best room party won't be in a room this year!

Bw's Uber Techno Trailer of Love!
                or; BUTT Love
                the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Sounds like a good place for Hacker Jeopardy since there won't be a tent!

Comment

i still don't know how this no-tent thing will work. i only see disaster....
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Maybe they'll reroute traffic off the main drag.

Comment

We still have the parking lot tent. Its only the roof tent thats gone, and frankly good riddance to it. We have it all worked out, so I doubt there will be any issues this year..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Oh the ROOF TENT is gone! That was a torture chamber!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                            We still have the parking lot tent. Its only the roof tent thats gone, and frankly good riddance to it. We have it all worked out, so I doubt there will be any issues this year..
                            yeah there was a (yet another) rumor going around on irc about all the tents being banned (by order from the lv fire marshal) from the AP due to the AP abusing their tent privileges.... can't wait to see the oodles and oodles that will pour out as dc comes closer.

Comment

just the roof tent?!
                              who cares aout that "hacker-bake oven"
                              i thaught ALL tents were gone. i feel much better!:D
                              the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Working...
                              X