DEF CON conference CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON conference CD

Does anyone care about the conference CD? I know last year was the first year DT offered them. Should it be the last? Does anyone care?
    blackbeetle

My CD was unreadable.

Comment

Some of the "older" cd readers can't read the colored ones.
      blackbeetle

Comment

I think it was a good idea. I would like to see them back again, but if cutting them from the budget would make something even cooler possible, I can live without it, so to say.

--simple3

Comment

keep the CD

Hey,

I think the CD's were a great idea. It gave me a chance to review the speaker's materials for the talks I didn't attend before the content made it to the DC media archives.

I also made some copies for friends that couldn't attend the con.

Keep them!

L8r:)

Comment

I also vote for keeping them. Maybe we could get some input as to what else people would like to see on them.

We could get all crazy and put together frequently used security programs like current versions of nmap, netstumbler, kismet, netcat, netviewx, pwdump, etc...

I mean, we have 700 megs of space, let's fill that thing up.

People could submit programs, links for download, and a short description on a HEAVILY MODDED thread here on the forums.

What do you think? I think people would dig it.
            .: Grifter :.

Comment

i love the cd, but an ftp of the iso would suffice. :)

Comment

That CD was awesome... definately a keeper.

I like grifter's idea too.. fill it with DC goodness, then top it off with extras
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I liked the cd, it was handy to have when stuff on the web starts disappearing

Comment

CD good

The CD was a great addition to the goodies. Maybe each speaker could have an allotment of space on the CD for their favorite programs, links, images (wallpapers [gzipped or jpg], favorite pictures from old cons) in addition to whatever powerpoint or html file they maybe using for their presentation. That would probably fill that CD quite nicely.
                    cows like candy

Comment

Was the rumor true about hidden pr0n on the CD?

Comment

Was the rumor true about hidden pr0n on the CD?
                        I don't know, but I heard if you held that DCX license plate under a black light, you could see a couple of dirty limericks on the back..
                        Life is white,
                        and I am black.
                        Jesus and his lawyer
                        are coming back.

Comment

I really liked the cd I saw and would like another for this year. I havnt seen red or green cds likie that before.

Comment

They rocked. Keep 'em. I agree with Grifter, let's load them up with goodies.

Astcell: There must have been a dozen of them in pool one; ya could have gotten one of them if yours did not work! (Oh wait... pool one is toxic after the first day.. nevermind! I have it mirrored somewhere if you need it, message me.)
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                              Astcell: There must have been a dozen of them in pool one; ya could have gotten one of them if yours did not work! (Oh wait... pool one is toxic after the first day.. nevermind! I have it mirrored somewhere if you need it, message me.)
                              Hmm.. does anyone know if they are allowed to be copied?... just asking, if so I have a few I can give out when we meet up... otherwise pretend I never said that.

Comment

Working...
                              X