This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Race 2003

Hey kids, I'm running a little late this year but the Death Race is still going on as planned. Preliminary information is available at our new home:

http://deathrace2k.com/

The site's sorta thin at this point but it should get fleshed out over the next couple weeks. Also note that this year we're no longer at deathrace2k.org. I'd originally intended to reg .com but some asshat snatched it up four years ago before I could get to it.

For those of you who aren't aware the Death Race is the assembled California caravan [Bay Area, San Diego, Los Angeles] that I've been putting on since DC 6. Last year we had roughly 50 cars following a truck with a FM transmitter in it's bed to Las Vegas. People seem to have fun and it's a nice, safe, social way to get out to con.

I'm looking forward to seeing the people from years past coming back and also hopefully some new faces. Cheers!
    boogah
    boogah[at]gominosensei[dot]org
    http://gominosensei.org/

Deathrace Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
      Deathrace Rules!
      I've got some plans to make sure that this year is off the hizzle fo shizzle... Again, more will be revealed as time goes on.
      boogah

Comment

I have been looking at the deathrace, and I think since I am driving from nor-cal, I sould join the deathrace....;)
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
          Deathrace Rules!
          big words, commin from someone whos ditching it this year....
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

You guys are all wimps compared to the ECDC :D

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
              You guys are all wimps compared to the ECDC :D
              Man, I paved the way for kiddies like you to start up your own Caravans... ;) Actually, we've got a pretty solid comms plan that you're more than welcome to implement if you'd like in the ECDC.
              boogah

Comment

Originally posted by boogah
                Man, I paved the way for kiddies like you to start up your own Caravans... ;) Actually, we've got a pretty solid comms plan that you're more than welcome to implement if you'd like in the ECDC.

Don't hate me because I am beautiful...:D

Comment

I am sure I don't have to remind everyone about the 2nd Annual Defcon Cannonball Run. We were going to do things a little different but then we realized the only thing we should do different is go faster.

If you don't know what the Defcon Cannonball Run is read on.

The defcon cannonball is a race to Las Vegas. If you remember last years race it sure was funny when it turned to a foot race at the end. The race will start in Redondo Beach, California. Each Team Member are encouraged to donate some money to cover some of the prizes that will be presented. The race will start on August 1st about noon, and racers will be 5 minutes apart. It is a race against time. First team with the lowest time, wins a prize to be determined at a later time. The website is at http://moloch.org/cannonball and you can always email cannonball@moloch.org for more info. Here is a video plug

Movies you can get for research:
                  Cannonball Run
                  Cannonball Run 2
                  Speed Zone

More details to come...
                  tommEE pickles

Comment

are motorcycles allowed to participate?
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

I know that some others wanted to ride motocycles also and I can't deny anyone for wanting to do that. The only thing I would request is get some good video since you will be ahead of the pack.
                      tommEE pickles

Comment

so motorcycles are allowed to compete?

dont forget, any lead a motorcycle may gain, it will lose when it makes gas stops. a bike cant make 300 miles on 1 tank.
                        the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Well that will make a great challenge maybe. It is all based on the two punch clocks for ranking but it was really funny watching the footrace with Jimmy, Toastboy and El_Jefe. I wish the video came out better but this year we have the editing stations ready for better video production. I hope Boogah and the Deathrace peeps do video also. I would like to see how that run goes as well.
                          tommEE pickles

Comment

OOo i so want to take my vette on the death race, just a lil sketchy about the damage and torment the roads will have on .my car
                            Last edited by pyrophite; April 4, 2003, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrophite
                              OOo i so want to take my vette on the death race, just a lil sketchy about the damage and torment the roads will have on my car.
                              that car was built for the cannonball, man. you'll be itching to get out from behind the five hour death march in a machine like that.
                              boogah

Comment

Working...
                              X