Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEF CON Program call for sumbissions!

Solicitation for papers, stories, and art:

Contrary to rumors on IRC, DEF CON is not starting a publication. What we are doing is expanding the show program to be more of than just a show guide since last year's program with the added articles was such a huge hit. As such we are looking for serious technical articles, relating to the underground scene, privacy, computer security, humor, stories, and art.

Go to http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11...1-program.html
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Thanks for clearing this up DT
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Sounds super great! I hate missing all the rumors spawned on IRC :(... though I would only be concerned about it being turned into publication if phone pics were being requested (haha).

Comment

No sexy centerfold?

Comment

that would be a great joke for the con. a fold out cerner fold of a CRAY in an erotic setting.
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Or the perfect centerfold for the computer world: Rear Admiral Grace Hopper .

Hubba hubba. :D

Comment

....find a fold......
              the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

I was thinking about this today, and for the program a meet the forum would be interesting. Have awards for things like postwhoring, and newbie of the year, stuff to that nature. and maybe a picture done with all the avatars of all senior members.
                ~:CK:~
                I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  Or the perfect centerfold for the computer world: Rear Admiral Grace Hopper .

Hubba hubba. :D
                  Honors and Awards:

Phi Beta Kappa, 1928; Man-of-the-year, Data Processing Management Association, 1969...
                  Does anyone else find it odd that she won man of the year?
                  ...Shouldn't it be person of the year?
                  Where's the dedication?

Comment

did you see her picture?! i think its still up for debate....
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

digest size instead of huge roadmap type paper

will the programs be gigantic like they were in previous years or will they be booklet-style / digest-size?

just hoping to be able to fit the program in one of my cargo pockets as i walk around the hotel. :)
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

we're doing them on stone tablets this year. We still havent decided if we're going to write them in some sort of cuneiform or not. You will need to bring your own Rosetta Stone though.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Looks like someone might get stoned.

Or there may be a stoning. :D

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            Looks like someone might get stoned.

Or there may be a stoning. :D
                            Siviak starts singing "you say tomato... I say tomat...."
                            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
                            X