First timer question regarding Defcon 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer question regarding Defcon 2015

Hello I am interested in attending this event, reason for attending is to view and find out first hand if this could be a career for me (networking and security). I am a recent graduate from Information Systems program, focus on programming. However my interests are growing in networking and security sector.

Could you advise what part (if any or all) should I attend to and what would the cost be?

Thanks I appreciate the time and effort you have put into replying to me.

This should give you a good start:

|

Comment

This year will actually be my first time going to Defcon and watched that video to try to figure out what flights to get (when does the line start) and get an idea of the sequence of events. If it's accurate, definitely a good resource.
      .: This post contains 100% recycled electrons :.

Comment

Keep in mind the guys that were in line at 11PM on Wednesday were pretty extreme.
        |

Comment

So getting there like 4 AM the registration morning shall be fine?

Comment

I walked by the line at 6:30AM and there were a good 2,000 people there. Maybe more.

Comment

How long (appx) did it take to get through the line?
              .: This post contains 100% recycled electrons :.

Comment

I don't know, but when I walked by the area again at 2pm the line was gone. They do move quickly.

To move even quicker:
                1. Have your money out. Exact amount if you can. And not in $1s and $5s.
                2. If you are with a group of say, 6 people, have one person buy for all 6 There you go, 5 less bodies in line.
                3. When you get your cool swag bag, move out of the way before looking through it.

Comment

Didn't DT mention somewhere they were aware of the queues for entry/badges @ DC22, so were considering something different for this year? Maybe getting this done if/when you checkin to your hotel?

Comment

Working...
                  X