China's new cyber warfare tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's new cyber warfare tool

I am raising concern about a new cyber warfare tool which can used a man-in-the-middle type Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack against any website that the Chinese government deems a threat to their society. This means that they now have the capability to crash a website and/or webserver rendering it offline and inaccessable to the entire world. I can't stand to see them posses such a cyber warfare tool. A group of experienced hackers need to go it and destroy that weapon of theirs and the great firewall of China. This is a tool that if used on the wrong website, could provoke a major war between China and another country or even a third world war. I'd appreciate it if the focus of the next Defcon hacking conference was focus on the final demise of the great firewall of China and the great Chinese cyber-cannon. A good sized group of expert hackers should be able to destory these two tools of internet censorship that the Chinese government has in their possesion. Their government would easily be able to carry out a counter measure against a sinbgle hacker, but a group of 4 or more expert hackers should be sufficient enough to accomplish the task of saving the internet from the dictorial powers of the Chinese government along with destorying their domestic censorship mechanisms. Please note that it is also crucial to ensure that the cyber militants of China are unable to thwart a mission like this if such an operation is to be carried out. Therefor, their militant subnets must be rendered inoperational and their redundancies be also tooken out of comission. This would be the first step to such an operation. I know a subnet address range that they might be using. Upon scanning this subnet with my advanced IP scanner, I have come accross a bunch of Chinese routers in addition to other public facing hosts which may be individual computers. The address range is 115.0.0.0 to 115.255.255.255. this IPv4 address range is registered in China according to an ASN registered domain record I have found. However, as I do not desire the know how on how to hack these targets and don't want to be arrested for doing so, it is up to others out their who would know what they were doing and could avoid detection. The best approach would be to somehow spoof you IP address and make it reflect that of a Chinese cyber militant IP address or a North Korean subnet address and ensure that your real idenity can not be unmasked. To anyone who reads this message and wants to attempt this task, be careful about how you carry out an attack against these Chinese adversary targets and don't let your guard down. These Chinese militants are expert hackers themselves so if you can stand a chance against your buddy that is a hacking expert, don't risk any chances against these Chinese militant hackers as I am also unsure how they would respond to such an attack. One thing is certain though, this great Chinese cyber cannon must be destroyed before it destroys the internet and causes damage to the economies of other developed countries. I can not be involved in a task like this at all. Good luck to whom ever does attempt this.

Originally posted by mattgeek56 View Post
    I am raising concern about a new cyber warfare tool which can used a man-in-the-middle type Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack against any website that the Chinese government deems a threat to their society. This means that they now have the capability to crash a website and/or webserver rendering it offline and inaccessable to the entire world. I can't stand to see them posses such a cyber warfare tool. A group of experienced hackers need to go it and destroy that weapon of theirs and the great firewall of China. This is a tool that if used on the wrong website, could provoke a major war between China and another country or even a third world war. I'd appreciate it if the focus of the next Defcon hacking conference was focus on the final demise of the great firewall of China and the great Chinese cyber-cannon. A good sized group of expert hackers should be able to destory these two tools of internet censorship that the Chinese government has in their possesion. Their government would easily be able to carry out a counter measure against a sinbgle hacker, but a group of 4 or more expert hackers should be sufficient enough to accomplish the task of saving the internet from the dictorial powers of the Chinese government along with destorying their domestic censorship mechanisms. Please note that it is also crucial to ensure that the cyber militants of China are unable to thwart a mission like this if such an operation is to be carried out. Therefor, their militant subnets must be rendered inoperational and their redundancies be also tooken out of comission. This would be the first step to such an operation. I know a subnet address range that they might be using. Upon scanning this subnet with my advanced IP scanner, I have come accross a bunch of Chinese routers in addition to other public facing hosts which may be individual computers. The address range is 115.0.0.0 to 115.255.255.255. this IPv4 address range is registered in China according to an ASN registered domain record I have found. However, as I do not desire the know how on how to hack these targets and don't want to be arrested for doing so, it is up to others out their who would know what they were doing and could avoid detection. The best approach would be to somehow spoof you IP address and make it reflect that of a Chinese cyber militant IP address or a North Korean subnet address and ensure that your real idenity can not be unmasked. To anyone who reads this message and wants to attempt this task, be careful about how you carry out an attack against these Chinese adversary targets and don't let your guard down. These Chinese militants are expert hackers themselves so if you can stand a chance against your buddy that is a hacking expert, don't risk any chances against these Chinese militant hackers as I am also unsure how they would respond to such an attack. One thing is certain though, this great Chinese cyber cannon must be destroyed before it destroys the internet and causes damage to the economies of other developed countries. I can not be involved in a task like this at all. Good luck to whom ever does attempt this.
    Comments:
    1) I do not understand "Man-In-The-Middle type Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack" : MitM is usually an attempt to get between two parties to intercept traffic and possibly inject new content to one or more parties, making the content appear to come from one party or the other. DDoS is an attempt to make access to use many nodes to attack a network service/node and make unavailable to users that should be able to otherwise access it. I do not see how these two would be joined in any meaningful way.
    2) It is very likely, most modern governments have a collection of tools to implement DoS attack using just networking protocols, and if that fails, real-world ordinance such as explosives delivered by any number of methods
    3) Calling on people to attack a /8 network is probably illegal, and would likely result in harming mostly innocent people.
    4) In the olden-times, 115 would exist in the "Class A" network as a "/8" but that system of Class A, B, and C networks was obsoleted as IPv4 addresses ran scarce, and larger networks were partitioned into smaller ones. For example 115.0.0.0/24 is registered to KORNET as a /24, while 115.0.0.0 - 115.23.255.255 (/12+/13) is too, but different networks. Then we have 115.24.0.0/20 which is owned by Tsinghua University in Bejeing China, not Korea. Next is 115.24.16.0/21 owned by Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, and 115.24.24.0/22 Shanxi Light Industry Vocational Technical College. There are many more owners of other subnets of this "Class A" 115/8.

Are you trolling? Did someone using an IP address in the 115/8 harass you online somewhere, and you want other people to attack them for you?

Some of the things you type do not make sense. Feel free to explain it in more detail, and convince people why a government having capacity to cause DoS should be acted upon.

Frankly, I would be more worried about the "accidental" routing updates we've seen in the past in China, India, and the US, which killed network connectivity for people all over the world. Also, see old discussions on how the memory on core switches was too small to handle the growing sizes of routing data, until they were upgraded. Risks for accidents (as claimed) or insufficient infrastructure have been more common than rare, government sponsored, so-called, "cyber attacks," like those allegedly applied by Russia preceding some of their conventional military attacks in the last 20 years.

Why should we care about any government's capabilities to DoS if most modern governments have capabilities to DoS on the Internet as well as in the "real world" with bombs?

Comment

Oh I see your point. No the people within this subnet had attempted an email relay attack against my employers computer network. Oh my I didn't realize this about partitioned subnets. Thabks for telling me. I did find that the address range of 115.0.0.0-115.23.255.255 is allocated to South Korea and the address ranges above this range are resistered out of the Asia Pacific Information Centre in Bejeing, China. My employer had an attempted attack originate from this subnet range and they thougt this was a China subnet range when it turned out only parts of the range are Chinese subnets. Your also right about asking others to carry out cyber attacks being illegal. All I wanted to do was try to keep China from attempting internet censorship on the outside internet beyond their own allocated internet boundries

Comment

Working...
      X