Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canopies, tables, and chairs reserved (is the site still valid?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canopies, tables, and chairs reserved (is the site still valid?)

Just to let folk know, the reservation has been made for our tent canopies, etc.

updates this year: each tent will have TWO tables (one on the firing line, the other off to the side) and the tent should be erected with a little space between them. i'm bringing back the netting to also help with flying brass again.

we currently are not quite at break-even on this because there are still some lanes to be reserved. one person today seemed to have made an incorrect reservation, so i'll work with them tomorrow via email and correct the inventory quantity. some sessions are totally sold out, but i'll also post here regarding what spots remain.

BIG ISSUE at the moment is: can ANYONE local to Las Vegas make a drive out past Blue Diamond and check our usual site on Lovell Canyon road? You know, just to ensure that it hasn't been totally changed or removed or something?

fingers crossed,

- dev

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

(posting the paperwork just to be transparent about the event's costs, etc)

there are 9 public lanes (and one staff lane, and the Ops tent and Public tent) and four shooting sessions. that makes 36 "rentable" lane-sessions at $35/each. if they all sell out, that yields $1260 toward the costs. in addition to the rental (our biggest cost as a group) there are considerations like the water/eyes/ears/etc/badges and the 8 or more digital shot-timer badges i'm buying from seeess this year to give to some volunteers, etc.

best bet: there's about another $500 to $1000 in costs associated with the event for me beyond the RSVP rental. that means, to break even, we should see about 40+ shooters register. right now, we're at 27. so there's still a ways to go, but fortunately we often get almost 10 to 20 folk who show up on-site with cash, etc. so i'm not really sweating it.

just saying, if you want to pre-reg, it surely is appreciated.

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

9 + 1 lanes = 10... so at one zombie between two lanes, thats 5 zombie targets to kidnap in San Diego on drive out to the desert with, where they will have an untimely (but fun) end. Deviant Ollam , if you get more lanes sorted between now and the shoot, please update this thread so I can adjust the number accordingly.

Comment

Deviant, I'll take a trip out there, if not today, then next weekend and check it out. It's a popular shooting place, so I'm sure it's still there.

Weinie

Comment

I took a drive out there today, and all is well. THe place we shoot at looks exactly the same as last year, except a lot of the dead trees and other flash flood flotsam is gone. Replaced with a lot of trash from other shooters. Pictures of the site:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/3euck80dqw...-Ramp.JPG?dl=0
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhrmgjcpsa...rlook.JPG?dl=0
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/599u83a6w6...-Area.JPG?dl=0

All should be good to go.

Weinie

Comment

Working...
          X